My sister-in-law Liz tagged me. Here's a bunch of random info about me.
4 RANDOM THINGS I LIKE ABOUT MY HUSBAND:
1. Nicest guy I've ever met. Seriously. No exaggeration.
2. Loves me and the kids above everything else. Me, especially. :-)
3. Super smart and talented. Like anything he tries, he's ridiculously good at. Do you know that on top of being an engineer, the guy has made me gorgeous ceramic vases, dishes, plates and serving pieces (wheel thrown pottery), and jewelry boxes, cups and hand crafted pens on his wood lathe.
4. I have never met someone I laugh so much with. We put the girls down to bed and sometimes don't get to sleep for hours and hours after we'd planned 'cause we just end up talking and laughing well into the night. It adds to my sleep deprivation, but I wouldn't change it for the world.
4 JOBS I'VE HAD:
1. Mom. That's the best one.
2. Graphic Designer at a few different places.
3. ShopKo Customer Service. Star & Talina followed in my red smock wearing footsteps, as did my cousin Marissa. It's our lame family tradition. (Even found out Greg had worked there when he was younger!)
4. Worked one winter at Deer Valley Ski Resort. Had an interesting conversation with David Hyde Pierce about the book "Grapes of Wrath."
4 MOVIES I'VE WATCHED MORE THAN ONCE:
1. Arsenic & Old Lace One of the many movies that bring me back to my childhood. Making caramel corn and all going into Mom & Dad's room and piling on the bed or the floor and watching old movies. Good times.
2. Court Jester Um, yeah, I think we're definitely going for the nostalgia thing, yet another childhood favorite. "The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle, the chalice from the palace has the brew that is true." And young Angela Lansbury. Really young.
3. Seven Brides for Seven Brothers Childhood memories, yet again. I own all of these movies by the way, they give me warm fuzzies every time I watch them. (Greg had seen none of the above three movies before we met . . . he'd seen them all by the time we got married. These, and Labyrinth. How does one make it that far in life without having seen all of these fine films?! (And believe it or not Jessi, Bowie is a man.))
4. This is much harder than it should be. I'm just not a movie person. I enjoy movies, I own movies, I go to movies, but I've never had 'favorites' really, or even ones I watch too often. I'll go with Liz here though and say Disney movies. Any of them. And I can't get my kid to watch any of them either (except Dumbo! Yay! One hour and six minutes of distraction. I'm a good Mom.)
4 TV SHOWS I WATCH:
1. Not on anymore, but I love Sports Night. I own the DVDs.
2. Also not on anymore, but Pretender was awesome. Also own on DVDs. Had a bit of a crush on Jarod.
3. Daily Show with Jon Stewart. This should surprise nobody who reads my blog.
4. Don't tell Greg, but I'm really starting to like Good Eats. For those of you who haven't watched it, it's what would happen if Bill Nye the Science Guy had a cooking show. The host, Alton Brown, doesn't just tell you to add a tsp. of baking soda . . . he tells you why to add it, when to add it, how it works, why it works, what it works with, and all the science behind it.
4 PEOPLE WHO EMAIL ME REGULARLY:
1. Facebook. Me & Facebook are tight. I'd say 30% of my daily emails are from Facebook.
2. Talina. Who is obviously the sister who loves me the most. I'll remember that at Christmas.
3. Dad. Who sends a lot of forwards, and updates on which library books are due like right now.
4. Clients. Most of my recent emails seem to be from people I'm doing graphics jobs for. I'm reasonably priced and super quick . . . keep me in mind for all your graphics needs!
4 OF MY FAVORITE FOODS:
1. Double vanilla ice cream with fresh raspberries. Oh, sooooo good! Greg and I are recently obsessed with this, and if raspberries are in season, and on sale ('cause I'm cheap), then we tend to eat this almost every other night or so as soon as the girls are asleep.
2. Hawaiian haystacks.
3. Tater tot Casserole. Don't mock it 'til you try it. Haven't found anyone who hasn't liked it, only people who wouldn't give it a chance!
4. Chicken fajitas, with peppers and onions. In a fresh tortilla. Yum!
4 PLACES I WOULD LIKE TO VISIT:
1. Europe. Um, all of it, then I don't have to waste all four spots on European countries. Anywhere of cool historical or cultural significance & amazing architecture.
2. Washington D.C. I could spend all day at museums, and fortunately married someone just as geeky. I've been there before, but Greg hasn't yet, so I'm dying to go there together.
3. SeaWorld. My whole goal in life right now is to take my two year old to SeaWorld. So she'll discover the amazingness of aquatic mammals and want to be a marine biologist all throughout her childhood. Just like me and all of my sisters. (My family would choose SeaWorld way over Disneyland for family vacations as kids.)
4. China. Or Russia. Or India. I wanna go see everything we ever discussed in my 11th grade 'World Cultures' class.
4 THINGS I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO IN THE COMING YEAR:
1. Ellie learning to crawl, walk, talk, etc. Of course, this is also what I fear in the coming year. It's already going too fast.
2. Hopefully a trip to SeaWorld. In April. Or September.
3. Possibly buying the house of our dreams and moving. Also, one of my great fears again.
4. Annie turning three and being able to take dance classes, tumbling & go to preschool. She is so going to love it!
If you have any desire to do this little survey yourself, consider yourself tagged!
4 comments:
I am SO the sister who loves you most. . . or the sister with the most down-time in front of a computer. One of the two, probably both. And my next email will be a list of potential presents for you to buy me to show your appreciation this Christmas ;)
I love the Court Jester. . . and Sea World. I STILL think I should have become a Marine Biologist, I was just convinced that I would end up working with rare forms of algae instead of killer whales. Sigh. Maybe we could all live vicariously through Cody. I think I will text him right now and tell him I have changed my plans for his future. Though I'd still be cool with him being a veterinarian and working with those tigers in Florida. Good, he'll have options ;)
I refuse to leave a witty or lenghty comment because of Talina winning the sister who loves you the most.
Star, don't tell Talina or Lacy, but you're totally my FAVORITE sister! Promise!
I loved World Cultures....maybe we could take it again, and then go on all these amazing vacations...
Post a Comment