Seeing Ellie in these pajamas yesterday made me think of Annie in the same outfit two years ago . . . so I pulled up the pictures. It's interesting for me to compare and contrast my two little girls.
Annie was much more likely to be making a goofy face at the camera, and Ellie smiles with her whole face; I'm amazed sometimes at how big and wide her smile is in pictures.
Ellie's eyes are still 'undetermined', never having been as dark as Annie's.
Annie weighed about a pound more at this point . . . Ellie nurses about twice as often as Annie ever did, but for about half as long, and spits up twice what Annie ever did, so I guess that equals a slightly smaller baby.
Annie had a bigger nose, more upturned (I'd never noticed it until I compared pictures with Ellie, and I've found you can practically see up Annie's nostrils in half the pictures).
Annie had a little more hair, and it was a little darker and a little thicker. But both are/were practically bald, and are/were often referred to as boys, especially if I make the 'mistake' of dressing them in anything but pink. Even when I had Ellie in a brown outfit with pink polka dot sleeves at the library and grocery store. Literally got FOUR compliments on my cute little boy, and not one person referred to her as a girl.
Annie was much more likely to be making a goofy face at the camera, and Ellie smiles with her whole face; I'm amazed sometimes at how big and wide her smile is in pictures.
Ellie's eyes are still 'undetermined', never having been as dark as Annie's.
Annie weighed about a pound more at this point . . . Ellie nurses about twice as often as Annie ever did, but for about half as long, and spits up twice what Annie ever did, so I guess that equals a slightly smaller baby.
Annie had a bigger nose, more upturned (I'd never noticed it until I compared pictures with Ellie, and I've found you can practically see up Annie's nostrils in half the pictures).
Annie had a little more hair, and it was a little darker and a little thicker. But both are/were practically bald, and are/were often referred to as boys, especially if I make the 'mistake' of dressing them in anything but pink. Even when I had Ellie in a brown outfit with pink polka dot sleeves at the library and grocery store. Literally got FOUR compliments on my cute little boy, and not one person referred to her as a girl.
(The one problem with the picture comparisons is that Ellie was on her back, and Annie was sitting up, so it's not a great match, but they look so cute in the same outfit!)Proving though that my often-mistaken-for-boys babies turn into quite the little girly-girls though, here's Annie from this morning. Still in her fleece pajamas, not taking the time to undress, she threw on a 'princess' dress and a witch's hat, and ran around the house calling out, "I'm a pretty witch!" The kid would dress up in costumes all day if we had enough to keep her entertained.

1 comment:
Wow... they look so different! At least I think they do. Totally and completely different! But both absolutely adorable, of course! :-)
Post a Comment