Monday, October 27, 2008

Little Helper

Being the responsible mother that I am, around 3PM today, as we were coming back from shopping, I realized neither Annie or I had eaten lunch yet. So I, obviously, picked up a Little Caesar's pizza on the drive home. 'Cause this is what one does in this situation. If that one is me, at least. Little Caesar's is a little too convenient for me and my times of poor planning.

Anyway, once we got home, Annie and I had both consumed two slices of pizza on the drive, and before I got Ellie out of the carseat I opened the refrigerator door to put the leftover pizza in the fridge. Before I got the box to it though, and while holding Ellie's carseat, the fridge door started to shut. Annie, noticing this, gasped, "Oh no!" and ran across the kitchen as fast as her little legs could carry her and caught the door just before it closed and proudly opened it and said, "You can put the pizza in Mom." "Thanks, Annie." "Oh, Mom, if you need more pizza, just call me and I can come and help you. Okay?" "Okay Annie, thanks." "Just call me if you need more pizza, I can help. Or if I need more pizza, just call me and I can come and help."

Before shopping today, I was getting both girls loaded up into the car. Annie is all about climbing in by herself now, and getting into her carseat without any assistance (and watch yourself, anyone who dare try to help her, you will incur her fiery two year old wrath.) "I love getting in the car all by myself Mom, I can do it," she told me not once, but twice today. I'm blaming the headcold that's leaving me a little foggy and out of it, but just a few houses down our street into our drive it suddenly hits me, I'd never actually strapped her into her carseat. Crap. Bad Mom. So, I get out and go around to her side and am starting to get her strapped in, all the while she's giving me this look of 'poor pathetic Mom', and she says (I swear it was even with a sad little sympathetic head nod), "You forgot, ninn't you Mom? You forgot to strap me in to my carseat." "Yeah, sorry about that Bananie . . . make sure Mom doesn't forget that from now on, okay?" "Okay Mom, you have to strap Annie into her carseat. Tight. For safety."

4 comments:

Lani said...

Oh boy do I know what that fiery two-year-old wrath regarding climbing into the car unassisted. Oh boy do I know it. In fact, I know the fiery three-year-old wrath too. :-) So so fun.

Christen said...

Looks like I am experiencing the wrath of the toddler as well. Your blog is so cute. It's fun having 2 girls, isn't it.

Talina said...

Good thing you have Annie there to keep everything running smoothly. What WOULD you do without her?

Shannon said...

Ah yes. Weston always has to climb up into his carseat himself. He can strap the top part of his buckle himself too now. Yay! One less step for me. I have absolutely forgotten to strap my kids in before too. You're in good company.