Turns out, Annie can color with her toes. We learned, about an hour into the morning session of Conference, that Annie can grip a crayon between her big and second toe, and color for quite awhile. She'd call out, "Hey guys, watch me!" and repeatedly show off her new talent.
We learned that Annie also has her own unique way of spelling Uncle Cody's name. We were writing letters in her coloring book during the session, and I wrote a 'C' and Annie cried out, excitedly, "C for Cody! C-O-B-B-2-E!" Close enough. Then I wrote D-A-D, and Annie looked at it, then looked at me, then looked at it again, then said, "Um, D-Y Mommy." I had NO idea she knew how to finish the word Daddy. That was pretty cool. She's been telling me 'A-N-N-I-E' anytime she wants me to write her name, but I had no idea she knew how to complete anyone else's name.
Mainly we learned that two year olds make Conference highly amusing; but make it much harder to pay full attention.
Edited to add: She also kept taking a headband today, and putting it on her head so the ends were in her ears, and walking around saying, "Look at me! I'm a Doctor!" (Get it, a stethoscope!) Made us laugh. The one I didn't understand the other day though was when Annie was running around the house, arms in front of her, pretending to fly, and calling out, "Look at me! I'm a Fireman!" Um, OK. She's apparently knows some pretty cool firemen. (Annie also does, "I'm a Mommy!", "I'm a Super Hero!" and "I'm a Princess!" Among a couple others I can't remember right now. We need to get this kid some more dress up clothes.)
1 comment:
Genius!
Post a Comment