I feel guilty that I'm teaching Annie to use the computer on a Mac. I mean, obviously, Mac's are far superior, but they're not the norm. It's like if I were to teach her the metric system, obviously a better way to measure things, but never introduce her to standard measurements, which are used by everyone else in her country (but nowhere else). I'm teaching Annie to use a computer that will mean when she gets into the real world, like Kindergarten, she'll be all "Where's my Apple key?! What does 'alt' mean!? Why is this operating system so stupid?!" And it'll be all my fault. So, that's a dumb thing I feel guilty about.
I mean, if I really wanted to feel guilty about something, you think it would be that I let Annie eat Ritz crackers for dinner last night.
5 comments:
Ritz crackers? Why feel guilty about that. I used to love meals made with or on those. Like those and cottage cheese at Lake powell...I was mentioning that the other day and apparently we are the only people who did that? weird, everyone else really needs to jump on that wagon of goodness!
Hee hee. My kids will have the same fate coming from iBook world. It never occurred to me to feel guilty about it. Thanks a lot, Hil! As if I needed my more guilt in my mother-brain. :-P
Macs are for the elite, smart kids. Go Annie (and eventually Ellie)! She'll learn how the PC (Piece [of] Crap) "works" at school just fine! Brooke didn't do much w/ our PC (yes, no cool Mac here) until she went to school anyway. :)
You crack me up, Hil.
Everything's better when it sits on a Ritz!
Post a Comment