That sucking sound? My money, going down the drain. While, unfortunately, the water in my bathtub is not.
I went to InstaCare with Ellie today (although, it's in the same building as our regular doctor who couldn't fit her in until later in the day . . . that is until they saw the patheticness that is us at InstaCare, took pity on us and worked us into our doctor's morning schedule). I was SO convinced that she had an ear infection. I would've bet money on it (if I wouldn't have just spent it all on copays). But it turned out it's just a bug and a sore throat that had her up ALL night long. My Mom once told me she'd be a millionaire if she had a nickel for each time she took her kids to InstaCare/doctors when it wasn't necessary. I'm really starting to understand that.
Another fun part of our morning, my ever-shedding hair has apparently clogged up the bathtub drain so that it no longer lets ANY water through. So, Annie had to bathe at my parent's house this morning, since we have a non-functioning tub right now. Even vinegar and baking soda didn't fix it! That's my entire drain unclogging arsenal! I have no other tricks up my sleeve! I guess I'll just keep the bathroom locked until Greg gets home from work and fixes it. Better not be anything that costs us any money!
5 comments:
Ever tried a "Zip-it" drain unclogger? It's like this long plastic barbed thing you stick down the drain and it pulls out all the junk. I think you can get them super cheap at Wal-Mart. Here's a blogpost from some guy about it... http://lukeduncan.com/2008/03/02/rip-it-and-zip-it/
I paid one hundred dollars in co pays last week for my failing kidneys....it sucked...so much for doing something fun this weekend :-)
I really like pine-sol. Not the watered down stuff, but the real deal. It works like a charm.
Wow, y'all are chock full of good suggestions! I'm coming to the blog with all my home owner issues from now on! Thanks!
I ended up dumping bleach in. Don't ask me why, it didn't do any good or anything. Except there's probably fewer living germs in my drain!
I doubled up on baking soda and vinegar, and it started to drain a little. Then I got a pen and started fishing out a combination of my hair and the soft blonde curls that got chopped off of Annie's hair in the bathtub yesterday. I try to be so careful about trying to get all my hair out during my shower, I didn't even think about her little short hairs when I had to cut it when she was in the bathtub with it all stuck in a comb, but it seemed her hair was really what plugged up the drain. Weird.
This is why I DO like living in an apartment rather than owning a house. When we were at BYU, David would call maintenance about every 6 months to unclog the drain and it was usually a huge ol' ball of my hair. Hmm, wonder if my new place has maintenance that accommodating or if they'll just be, "Um, clean up your own gross drain." Well Hil, let me know which suggestion works the best. I may need to know eventually.
Post a Comment