Sunday, October 26, 2008

Boo at the Zoo

I don't even want to guess at my daughter's blood sugar levels are at this last couple days! We've had multiple Halloween parties and events, and candy has been (obviously) a big part of that. My kid even became one of those children at the Zoo this Saturday to whom candy became more important than the animals, even though the animals were super active, the tiger walked right up to the fence where we were, and the elephants we just chillin' within feet of where we were standing. As we left the zoo yesterday, I asked her, "What was your favorite part of the zoo?" Expecting something about the silly fighting meerkats, the wrestling black bears or the tiger show we went to. She responded, "Um, the Reeses M&Ms (reese's pieces) and the suckers." Great.

Here she is with her Uncle David (going to the zoo was part of his birthday celebration . . . Happy Birthday David!) right after we got inside the zoo. I should mention, the zoo in late October, at nine in the morning, is like bitterly cold!

Here's Ellie, the happy pumpkin, with Uncle David. Annie picked out the matching pumpkin costumes, very excited her and her sister could be the same thing for Halloween.

Aunt Talina with Ellie.

The sun came out long enough to uncover our pumpkin's head. But still not warm enough to take her out of the two layers of shirts, two layers of pants, and the fleece costume.


Our larger pumpkin refused to wear her pumpkin hoodie for long, despite the nearly frozen ears.
Here she is on Daddy's shoulders.

Mommy & Ellie cuddling. Probably for warmth.

Daddy and our little phantom. My Mom bought Ellie this Halloween shirt, and despite it being just a simple, fairly plain, long sleeve onesie, she looks freakishly adorable in it!

Our little Phantom giggling upside down.


Annie getting to wear her fairy princess costume for an indoor party.
She would run around the house yelling, "I flying! I flying! Like Spiderman!"
Someone needs to explain her superheroes to her a little more thoroughly.
I feel that falls squarely on Greg's geeky shoulders.


Ellie in Halloween shirt #2. She'd spit up on her phantom shirt at this point.
With G-Bob. (Grandpa Robert's preferred nom de plume . . . he apparently wants us to sound really white trash).


The fairy princess' wand in action. We have many, many pictures of this star shaped wand blocking the lens, the flash, etc.



Each of the girls only have a few costumes left to get into before Halloween!
We're running out of time . . .
Can you tell my Mom does lots of clearance costume shopping in November?


3 comments:

Jessi said...

These pictures are adorable! I need to come over and see you guys.

Star said...

Those are the most adorable pictures ever!!! I love Ellie smiling in the pumpkin costume and when Greg has her hanging upside down.

Talina said...

The zoo was so much fun! The girls were adorable and the animals were AMAZING. I've never seen them so active! MY favorite part of the zoo was the tiger showing his teeth, the wrestling black bears, the spider monkey that sat right on the glass in front of us, making faces at Annie and the Chick-fil-A coupons. Those were awesome.