Annie's pretty much obsessed with letters most of the time. She saw an "M" the other day and was all, "M! Mommy! Mmmm. Mmmm. M." I love that she's so well trained she sounds like a Sesame Street short. We try to play the game with lots of different words for each letter, since "M" is almost always for Mommy, "C" is for Cody (and sometimes Connor), "D" is for Daddy, "E" is for Ellie, and so on. So we play games where we all list as many words as we can think of starting with a certain letter. Aunt Talina and Daddy are banned from playing at the same time though, 'cause they start trying to compete with scientific words. I'm all, "M is for Mouse," and Talina is all, "M is for mononucleosis," then Greg says some equally nerdy word that starts with "M" and is all engineery. Geeks.
But, of course, "A" is always for "Annie." Well sometimes "Annie's Alligator" or "Annie's Apple." But always "Annie." Last night as she was spelling out her name with beads for a necklace, "A is for Annie! Two Ns! An I for Insect! And a E!" as she laid out all the letters. Then as she started putting the necklace together, and was sliding the "A" bead on, she suddenly exclaimed excitedly, "A for Annie and Aunt Andrea!" She's actually learning to share her "A" with others now. I'm so proud.
We're pretty excited about the whole Halloween thing today. Annie's even been practicing yelling "Trick or Treat" anytime we walk up to someone's door. My Mom was telling her last night that people were going to give her candy when she walked up to their doors and her eyes got huge and her mouth flew open in shock and excitement. Turns out I'd actually left out the part about getting candy for saying "Trick or Treat," she'd just been excited to knock on people's doors and yell stuff.
3 comments:
First, you were up really early posting. That is sad.
Second, I am so excited that I got a shout out. Yea!
I'm so excited for Annie's Trick-or-treating experience! Cause seriously, there is nothing better than yelling random things at people's doorway and then being given candy for it. Halloween is an AWESOME holiday.
Oh, and as for the letter game, Greg and I started out with cute little words. It was only after we couldn't think of any more that we moved on to the more advanced words. I don't want Annie limited to 1-syllable words only. She is, after all, a genius. Just ask her! And Greg totally started it. I just had to go along with it to prove my superior intellect.
Post a Comment