Monday, October 20, 2008

Googled

Since my blog is public, I get some random traffic from people's google searches gone amiss. My favorites from the last week or so:

Query:
two year old talking all night
(That doesn't even really surprise me that search would lead them to my site . . . it's like google knows Annie!)
What they got:
2008/09/talkin-two-year-old.html

Query:
thank you, no you are welcome
What they got:
2008/09/please-thank-you-and-youre-welcome.html

Query:
information on hilary's happiest moments.
(That's just touching that they're interested in my happiest moments! The people in the UK are so sweet like that!)
What they got:
http://hilarysrandomthoughts.blogspot.com/

Query:
name that means slow
What they got:
2008/09/yellow-light-means-slow-down.html

I always wonder how disappointed people are when they're looking for useful, or random, info and they stumble across my site instead of something that actually answers their questions. Oh well, at least I'm not getting any more Shannen Doherty searches!

4 comments:

maidmarian4 said...

Too funny.

So, this is one area I have no idea how to do... How do you find out who is viewing your blog??? :)

Talina said...

I totally TRIED to find your blog through google through random searches. Didn't work so well. But I found another blog when I searched for Annie-isms that had funny little stories about another precocious Annie.

Hilary said...

I use a site called statcounter.com, the counter on the bottom of my blog is run through them, and I get updates on where hits are coming from, if there were any from web searches, etc.

Bobbi said...

That's really funny, Hilary. You might already know this, but there's actually a setting you can choose, even while keeping your blog public, that will stop your blog from coming up on search engines. Go to "settings" on your blog dashboard, then choose "basic" and click "NO" where it says "Let search engines find your blog?" It's kind of a happy medium between going totally private and allowing just anyone to stumble across your blog.