Thursday, October 2, 2008

To Move or Not to Move

I didn't think we'd be thinking about finding a new house after only two years in this house. Especially living right across the street from my parents and therefore having eternally free babysitting on a moments notice. But I've become obsessed with the idea lately. I'm checking out homes in crazy areas I never wanted to live in (Herriman, I'm lookin' at you), and I'm excited by the idea. And I can barely sleep, up thinking about the whole 'do we or don't we?' (That and the kids take turns waking me up throughout all night. Until all the sudden they both wake up within one minute of each other in the morning. The one time I wish they would've woken up at different times!) I know it seems crazy, with the scary economy and all, but it's kinda makin' sense to us right now. And if the economy is gonna go into a recession or something and we want to move into a new house anytime in the next 5 years (which is pretty much a given), then maybe now is the time, before interest rates start to climb. We have a bunch of equity in this house, and could easily put down 25-30% on the houses we're looking at, hardly increasing our mortgage at all. (I even checked out taxes in the area we're looking at, they'd be about $25 more a month.)
There's not really anything more to this post than my rambling as I'm thinking about it nearly constantly and had to let it spill out of my head somewhere safe so I could focus on something else for awhile and come back and pick it up again later. Know what I mean?

4 comments:

Liz Johnson said...

OOH really?? I didn't think you guys would move ever, much less in the next little bit!!!

Keep us posted on this one. :)

Hilary said...

We're looking at three houses tonight . . . I'm pretty much scared to death about the whole idea, but it's more and more looking like what we're gonna do. Or at least look into really seriously, then once we know what's out there, make a more informed decision. Scary.

Jessi said...

Wow! That is a big decision...how was looking at houses?

andrea kay said...

Wow, that is exciting! It would be nice to have a brand new house. That means less clogged bathtubs!