There's been a lot of email requests for more Annie video. This one is just to give you an idea of how my sweet little two year old reacts to being put in bed (naps or bedtime). This isn't an exception, this is the rule. Every single day. Not even kidding. And Ellie's not shaping up to be much better. Feel free to pity me, immensely. (Or, feel free to think I'm evil for video taping this tantrum rather than handling it a more loving, sympathetic way . . . just remember, this happens EVERY day in our house.)
Oh, and if you think you didn't understand the kid when she's singing, wait 'til you see her screaming! Expect to understand nothing, except maybe the word "jammies!" being shrieked over and over. (I have serious issues about hearing my own voice on a recording, so I'm kind of surprised I'd even post this with me talking so much.)
8 comments:
wow. Once again, Jamo's lookin' pretty excited to have kids after seeing that clip. I say, as long as her bedroom door has working hinges, use it!! Many a naps at my house were of the "cry yourself to sleep" variety and we all turned out just fine- we've even come to see naps as a wonderful event to be sought after and desired as big people. Don't let her tell you otherwise- she'll thank you later, I'm sure... :)
Yeah, pretty much EVERY nap at our house is a "cry yourself to sleep" kinda nap, all of Annie's, most of Ellie's, some of mine. :-)
What about the take off all your clothes in protest nap?
Actually, as sad as it is, naps (whether the screaming, the stripping down and pooping on the bed, the freakouts) are all pretty much a thing of the past. Today was the first nap she'd taken in weeks, and it's only 'cause she woke up at 6:30 AM and is feeling kinda sick.
It's ok Hil, if she continues on this trend of being just like me, she will eventually love to sleep and do it all the time! Look forward to the teenage years :)
Poor Annie. Her mean Mommy making her SLEEP! AND making her be rational about her choice of clothes. Come on, do you know how many outfits I go through before I find the one I REALLY want to wear? Can you blame Annie for suddenly deciding that she does in fact want to wear Jammies?
She has to grow out of this eventually. . . right?
Ha! (Sorry shouldn't laugh) That is how naps/nights with Bridger seem to go. Except, he sleeps on the bottom of the bunk bed, so he crawls out of bed and taps his water-filled sippy against the door while either screaming or chatting loudy.
I'm just surprised you still can keep her staying in a crib! None of my kids lasted much past 19 mths old! lol
Yeah, until Annie figures out she could possibly get out of her crib, we're leaving her there. :-) We fight her enough to get her to sleep, no way I could handle her being able to leave her bed too!
Post a Comment