You know what makes you feel like a bad Mom? Let's say you'd accidentally dropped a big ol' forkful of spaghetti on your five month old's head during dinner. Hypothetically. Then you wiped off her bald little head with a wipe. Only to notice the next day while out with your kids trick or treating at your sister's work that she has a large patch of red-stained skin on her head. Good hygiene there.
You know what makes you feel like a good Mom? Watching your two year old singing softly to her baby doll and cooing, "It's OK, I'm right here, don't cry, I'm here. I love you."
You know what makes it look like your two year old is a freakin' genius? When you're out on a walk around the neighborhood and you stop for a little bit to talk with the Primary President, and some ducks land in the driveway of the house next door and your two year old calls out, "Hola patos." Of course, it's the one and only animal she could've named in Spanish, but having her say it like that sure made her look like a bilingual prodigy.
You know what are the moments you'll never forget? Driving home from Grandma Ruth's office after some daytime trick or treating, and listening to the nonstop 15 minute conversation Annie had with herself, that included stuff like this stream of Annie thoughts . . .
"I like trick and treating. It's fun. Do you like it? Yeah, me too. I'm a pumpkin. I like pumpkins, so does Ellie. Ellie is an orange pumpkin. But not right now, now she's a ghost. My hands are sticky. Are your hands sticky? Yeah, mine too. It's sucker. How about you, do you like suckers? Yeah, so does Doh-doo (her imaginary friend). Doh-doo, you like yellow suckers. And that song. 'Four and twenty blackbirds baked into a pie.' Manahmana. Yeah, I love that book. Stop dogs, it's a red light. Stop, dogs, stop. Look, it's a green light now, go, dogs, go. Oh and "Pizza Pat," I like that book, all the mice eat Pat's Pizza. Poor Pat. Dumbo likes mice, look Dumbo, your friend is a mouse! I like mice, like Pinky and the Brain. MOM! I want to listen to Pinky and the Brain!"
2 comments:
Oh, I love Annie's stream of thought. She is such a cutie. And maybe Ellie just has always had a miscolored head and you've never noticed. . . which might be an indication of being a bad mom too . . . Just kidding. You are an AWESOME mom. Or your kids are just so amazing that they are making up for any deficiencies you may have.
That sounds like when I ask Nik to explain his train of thought to me. All pretty random til the end. Love the pictures!
Post a Comment