Annie LOVES to sing. She does it constantly. She knows more songs that I can count, and switches from one song to another throughout the whole day. She can even sing songs I don't know, like the ABCs all in Spanish. The one thing that always manages to crack up Greg and I is that for all her enthusiasm, she is a truly, truly, truly horrible singer. She gets it from me. She'll belt out the "Elmo's World" theme song, and it practically bursts the ear drums. It's painful to listen to. Really painful when she's really into it. Granted, she's only two years old, and I realize her singing has a lot of time to mature and all that, but if you've ever heard her Aunt Lacy (who we apparently cloned Annie from) sing, you know we're doomed to years of very loud, very enthusiastic, very bad singing. (Sorry Lacy. But you couldn't carry a tune in a bucket.)
Annie's known to make up a lot of songs. Today she was playing with Ellie when she busted into a round of, "There was a farmer, had a Ellie, Ellie was her name-o! E-I-N-G-O!"
Unrelated to singing (more related to hoarding, apparently), she just walked down the hall with arm fulls of her toys and called out, "Mommy, I'm putting these in my room . . . where no boys can get them and play with them!" Um, OK.
3 comments:
Hilary! I love that you found me on Facebook! Isn't the internet awesome! It's so fun to read your blog and see your beautiful family!! Your two little girls are adorable! I'm jealous you get to live so close to your parents!! Free babysitting? Anytime you want? Really? Okay, so house hunting sounds fun too. Moving? Not so much. I HATE MOVING!!! Justin and I moved six times our first seven years of marriage. We've been in our current home a little over a year now and we're already talking about moving again! Aggghh!! NO MORE MOVING...PLEASE!!! Craziness, I tell you! Anyway, I'll definitely be back often to read your latest. It's so fun to be back in touch!! T
It's ok, I have come a long ways, I no longer get offended at people pointing out the very obvious lack of singing talent that I have. Luckily at this point in my life I can claim that it is caused from vocal chord damage and is a medical condition! I conveniently leave out that I could never sing well...
Are boys stealing Annie's toys a big problem in a female dominated home?
Post a Comment