Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Good To Know

Apparently the best thing for dramatic tight curls isn't gel, mousse or scrunching serum. Just let your two year old rub her blueberry yogurt covered hands through her hair, try to clean it off with a wet rag, but refuse to let her take an actual bath because it's past bedtime and she didn't nap that day, and in the morning, voila! Beautiful, ringlets falling all across her forehead. It's kind of a shame that I'm gonna make her wash her hair this morning.

Annie is talking to Ellie right now, saying, "You know Ellie, it's OK, when I was a baby I was like that too sometimes." I'm not quite sure what she was referring to, I just caught that part, but it's sweet she's trying to reassure her sister that this whole 'baby' phase is just temporary.

My new favorite Annie thing is her walking around the house, singing at the top of his lungs, "Inky and the bane, bane, bane, bane . . . nart!" (For Animaniacs fans, you definitely recognize her rendition of the "Pinky and the Brain" theme song, even if she does mispronounce 'narf'. Especially when she gets to "one is a nenius, da other insane." I think she's found the one song on any children's CD that we own that uses the word 'genius' (a word she uses herself, to describe herself, like 30 times a day) and has made it her theme song.

Ellie has graduated from playing with her feet all day, to actually getting her toes into her mouth and gumming them to death. It's adorable. I haven't got a picture of it yet. I'm working on it. If she's not munching on her own toes, Ellie has started to want to stand all the time now. If you let her hold onto your fingers, she'll pull and grunt and strain until she's standing up on your lap. The other day she was doing this, and was kind of doing the 'baby wobble' back and forth as she was straining to keep her balance (I'm hoping I'm typing this in a way that makes sense), and Annie called out, "Yay Ellie! Go Ellie! Shake your booty! Shake your booty!" She's a very encouraging older sister.


I've mentioned Annie's new found love for dress up. Here's further proof.


This photo is proof of Mom's existence. Few of these exist.


Ellie in oversized head bow that I swore I'd never put my daughters in. Oh well. I caved.


It's tiring being a Daddy to these two.


Annie loving (smothering) her little sister. Story of Ellie's life.

2 comments:

Jessi said...

Maybe if I am feeling lazy in the morning, I will just rub some yogurt in my hair and see how that works out for me.....

Hilary said...

Snot also works, we've found, but I don't recommend it!