Thursday, August 27, 2009

Shiny Toes

This is exactly how I imagine things with Annie when she's a teenager. Her and I, painting each others nails, maybe braiding hair or something . . . you know, the typical angst- and drama-free mother/teenage daughter relationship. But just on the slim chance it doesn't work out exactly like that, I'm gonna enjoy afternoons like these while I still can:

These are all pictures of Annie painting my fingernails, after I'd done hers. Hers are bright white . . . I decided I'd prefer clear when she did mine. :-) She actually did a remarkably thorough job though, and it might have worked just fine to have had her throw on a coat of pink or something for me!

I like this picture, 'cause it's Annie being all, "Yeah, hey Mom, I see your camera, but I'm trying to ignore you and get on with my work . . . but I'll go ahead and give you a sweet little patronizing smile anyway."
Annie blowing on my fingers for me.
Showing off her own painted finger nails.

When we were done, Annie sat there for a minute examining her handiwork, when she finally smiled and declared it good with a triumphant, "You know Mom, your toes are very shiny."

4 comments:

Melissa said...

ahhh. So sweet. I love those pictures. You will have to pull them out in about 13 years when she is all agnst out. But for now, I can't think of a better way to spend an afternoon.

Jessi and Dalan said...

The last picture melted my heart. Sounds like such a fun afternoon!

Jackie H said...

cute pictures! Last time I let Claire around polish was ten minutes before our family pictures. She spilled red all over the kitchen. Fortunately not a drop got on us, but we were 15 minutes late (and less two bottles of remover) to our pictures. I'll just say I'm glad we're renting, I don't think the floor will ever recover--and olive oil seems to be a (temporary) remedy to the finish problem :) I think you were good to go with clear!

Lori's Family said...

I love girly stuff like this. Lets hope and pray they stay sweet like this forever! Good Luck to you and me:-)