Thursday, August 20, 2009

Annoyed Toddler Armed with Big Words

While the girls were eating breakfast, I ran upstairs to change the wash. I was only gone two or three minutes, but when I got back, I found Annie visibly upset and standing in this odd protective stance in front of Ellie's highchair.
"Mom," she said, fighting back tears, "I was so frust-er-rate-ted while you were gone!"
"Oh sweetie, what happened?" (Thinking, "Crap, what'd Ellie do to piss her off this time?")
"There were bugs, and they were trying to get Ellie and her food, and I kept trying to make them go away, and they practically weren't listening."
(We were having fruit fly issues due to an overly ripe cantaloupe hiding behind the cookie jar on the counter from earlier than morning. Annie found it incredibly upsetting. I had to try and convince her about a million times that they weren't going to hurt her or Ellie, they were just annoying.)


Oh, and a side note. I wish I had video to add to the adorableness of the cousins pictures from the last post, but I'll just have to paint you a mental picture. The last day Connor was here, we went and visited the family at Grandm's house. The kids played outside, with watering cans and sidewalk chalk, and were having a great time. Then, Annie decided it was time to dance. And she made poor Connor ball room dance with her all around the front lawn while she sang Disney Princess songs. He looked so confused, like "What are we doing?!" I was shocked at her level of dance skills though (something she didn't inherit from me or her Dad), as she led Connor (a reluctant two year old male who had no idea what they were doing, how's that for leading skills?), twirling around the yard, including fancy spins and twirls on her part. I fully expected her to 'dip' herself any second. I still don't know where she learned to ballroom dance, but it was adorable. Although, I'm sure Connor is glad it's not something he'll have to experience again for awhile.

2 comments:

Howard Family said...

that's cute! I love when they start to use big words for some reason I think it is so cute and usually pretty funny to! Zarley makes Owen dance a lot especially when dancing with the stars is on, he is not a big fan either. She always tells him he will be her partner when she gets big and they are on tv.

Anonymous said...

To get rid of your fruit flies: Take a plastic cup and put in a piece of fruit - a grape or piece of that melon or whatever- then stretch plastic wrap over the top of the cup, secure it with a rubber band, and poke several holes with a toothpick in the wrap. The flies go in to get the fruit, but can't get out. Dump it in the garbage after a couple of days.
I hate fruit flies!