1.) My Grandma was having surgery the next day.
2.) Annie's hair was pulled back into a ponytail.
First off, my Grandma's foot surgery went well, and after a luxurious two nights/three day stay in the hospital, is home and recovering. It's gonna be a tough recovery, but she's home and doing as well as can be expected.
My Mom was recounting a story from the hospital from the other day though. I guess after surgery, my Grandma was in recovery when she turned to my Mom and suddenly said, "I don't like Annie's hair straight, how Hilary's doing it now days. I liked it better curly." My Mom tried to assure her that the ponytail was not Annie's new look, but just something we'd tried that day (after a morning at the splash park) . . . and that we had not intention of doing Annie's hair straight from now on. But, apparently, this was quite distressing to my poor Grandma, since as she was recovering she mentioned many, many times her concern about how "Hilary is doing Annie's hair nowadays," and how much better she liked it curly.
Note to self: no more dramatically different hairstyles for Annie before her any of her great grandparent's have major surgeries . . . apparently it is very traumatic.
(What you can't see, that was freakishly adorable, is that from her ponytail was hanging two perfectly formed big ringlets of hair . . . it was gorgeous . . . although apparently hugely upsetting to people coming out of anesthesia.) :-)
5 comments:
I think it's cute! Grandparents don't dig change though .. lol!
Grandparents (and especially great grandparents) are so cute. I like Annie's hair pulled back, although, I always think of her as a two year old without enough hair to pull back...maybe I am a little like a grandma myself....ha!
What a cute little girl!
Annie's hair is adorable straight. Either ay she is a cutie. That is so funny about your grandma.
I think that that is very sweet!! Her hair is very cute all curly so I can totally understand the concern. (it looks cute pulled back too. it might have something to do with her being a cute girl herself).
Post a Comment