Anyway, a few of us went out to dinner with Grandma and Grandpa Tuesday night. We didn't do a big thing, as Grandma is in a lot of pain with some foot problems, and was having major surgery on her foot the next day, but it was still a lot of fun. Well, the parts I didn't block out and now refuse to remember. According to everyone else there, apparently Ellie basically cried, fussed, whined or suffered from complete and total breakdowns the entire time we were there. I can't quite remember all of that. I think I repressed it. She spent half the time being walked around outside. I see two white tipped bumps bulging out her upper gums, so I think I've found the cause of the grumpiness, but man it made for a long night.
My Grandpa & Grandma after 60 years together.
One of the benefits of being a child bride (like 17), is that you're only in your 70's when you celebrate your 60th Anniversary! Grandma's looking pretty good! Especially after 60 years with Grandpa! ;-)
One of the benefits of being a child bride (like 17), is that you're only in your 70's when you celebrate your 60th Anniversary! Grandma's looking pretty good! Especially after 60 years with Grandpa! ;-)
My Mom and Great Aunt Zan (Grandma's little sister).
My Aunt Judy and cousin Makayla.
Annie and I posing for the camera.
My cute husband and my grumpy daughter.
The one happy moment we caught of Ellie . . . which is why I'm grinning like an idiot, it was like, "Oh my gosh, she's happy!!"
We went back to Aunt Judy's house for a family prayer before Grandma's big surgery tomorrow.
This is Star and Annie wrestling on the grass before everyone else had arrived.

This is Star and Annie wrestling on the grass before everyone else had arrived.
3 comments:
Poor teething Ellie. At least there was a reason for her grumpy mood. I thought she might be sick or something cause even a sleep-deprived Ellie (and she WASN'T since she'd just recently woken up from a nap) can be distracted for awhile but she was so sad that night! Except when she played with the rocks. That was adorable. Wave hello to rock. Pick up rock. Throw rock back down. Wave goodbye to rock. Awesome. I can be entertained by small children for HOURS.
That was a great dinner though. I'm glad I was able to make it.
Talina's hair looked so shiny in her pic. I am quite pleased with my pic as well. Whenever someone gets a picture of me laying on the ground I always assume it is going to be the ugliest most unflattering picture of me of all time but... not too bad.
Good, I'm glad someone commented on the awesomeness that is my hair. Cause I was REALLY happy with my hair that day. It was a really good hair day and it was totally 3-DAY HAIR (see previous post discussion)! Which never happens! This has been like the best hair week of my life. . .
Oh, and Annie looks pretty cute in her ponytail, doesn't she? :)
Post a Comment