Pinky and the Brain
What it should sound like:
They're Pinky and The Brain
Yes, Pinky and The Brain
One is a genius
The other's insane.
They're laboratory mice
Their genes have been spliced
They're dinky
They're Pinky and The Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain
Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain
Brain.
"I'll Make a Man Out of You" chorus from Mulan.
Annie can sing this whole song word for word along with the CD -- I think we hear it a good 5-6 times a day . . . but without the CD, it gets a little tougher :-)
What it should sound like:
Be a man.
We must be swift as the coursing river.
Be a man.
With all the force of a great typhoon
Be a man.
With all the strength of a raging fire.
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon.
And an old Annie classic, "Elmo's World."
"In a World of My Own," from Alice in Wonderland. Annie loves this song, and sings it all the time.
What it should sound like:
Cats and rabbits
Would reside in
Fancy little houses
And be dressed in shoes and hats and trousers
In a world of my own.
(then she skipped two verses, so I won't put the lyrics for them here)
I could listen to a babbling brook
And hear a song that I could understand
I keep wishing it could be that way
Because my world would be a Wonderland.
"In a World of My Own," from Alice in Wonderland. Annie loves this song, and sings it all the time.
What it should sound like:
Cats and rabbits
Would reside in
Fancy little houses
And be dressed in shoes and hats and trousers
In a world of my own.
(then she skipped two verses, so I won't put the lyrics for them here)
I could listen to a babbling brook
And hear a song that I could understand
I keep wishing it could be that way
Because my world would be a Wonderland.
Annie's rendition of Ring Around the Mulberry Bush with Humpty Dumpty
7 comments:
Hi Hilary... I'm one of the many co-workers that Star has dooped into becoming a blog stalker... specifically, YOUR blog!! :)
I just have to tell you how much I love Annie!! Her musical stylings are that of the great geniuses of the world... and so dang cute!!
Also (and very important), Ellie... AdOrAbLe!!
Love it. :-) Eva sings all day long but she won't let me catch her on camera, dangit!
Okay, my favorite is Pinky and the Brain and the best part? NARF!
She will actually randomly say 'Narf!' in day to day life. We're good parents, we've taught her the important things in life. :-)
I love this post!
Okay, Hil. You need to pick a primary song, teach it to her, and then befriend the music coordinator in your ward to arrange for Annie to perform a solo in sacrament. Cause all of the people would LOVE it!
Seriously though, I'm impressed by how many songs she knows, how much of the lyrics she remembers and how quickly she picks up new songs. Genius child!
Dalan LOVES her Pinky and the Brain. We just watched it several times. I also loved listening and seeing Annie in October sing Elmo vs now.
Post a Comment