Monday, August 24, 2009

Sisterly Love

Annie was kinda on one this morning. She complained about Ellie making noise, Ellie looking at her, Ellie talking to her, Ellie touching her toys and Ellie thinking about touching her toys. At one point, while they were both playing by my bed, an annoyed Annie let out a deep sigh and said, "Mom, will you pick me up onto your bed so I don't have to look at Ellie's face anymore."

Sigh.

Since breakfast and bath time she's warmed up to her little sister though, actually trying to track her down and make her play now. Oh, how the tables have turned. I just watched this exchange:
"Ellie! Come back, I need to listen to your heartbeat," Annie calls as she chases an escaping Ellie from my bathroom, through my bedroom and down the hall, all while Annie wields her Cookie Monster stethoscope, "Ellie, wait! I'm practically a doctor!"

Typically Ellie wants to do anything Annie is doing, follow her big sister around, and act just like Annie. She sings when Annie sings, dances when Annie dances. Giggles and squeals with delight anytime Annie yells at her (in a "she's paying attention to me!" kinda way). She loves all things Annie. (She's often found dragging a pair of Annie's underwear around with her . . . I'm not quite sure why, but usually there's at least a time or two a day that I find Ellie clutching underwear and some random toy that belongs to Annie.) Today she spent some time pushing around Annie's brand new preschool backpack. It's bigger than she is, but she wants to do anything her big sister does:



Oh, and unrelated, but a bit of an Ellie milestone . . . 15 month old Ellie's wearing size 3 sandals now! Well, it's mainly 'cause we lost one of her size 2's, and I refuse to spend $13 on new sandals when summer's coming to an end, and we have a whole box of size 3's that almost fit (or will fit sometime sooner or later). I also stopped putting her in size 2 sneakers, even though they plenty long enough, her wide little feet were rubbing her big toe uncomfortably. So, I need to find some 2.5s or a 2 wide, 'cause the size 3 sneakers look like clown shoes on her. But she grew out of two pair of shoes in one week. She's actually growing! We also put away most of her 3-6 month pants (because they're floods, not 'cause they don't fit . . . in fact, a couple pairs of her 6-9 month pants still fall off when she walks.) My baby girl is getting so big.


Also, unrelated . . . Annie was playing last week with a little boy from down the street. She cracked me up when she had been trying to get his attention several times and finally said, "I swear you don't know how to listen, I have told you the same thing like five times!" It's universal people, the men vs. women 'you don't listen to me' thing starts really, really young.

2 comments:

Christine said...

LOL! Your last paragraph was classic. Love it.

Jessi said...

"I am practically a doctor" is my favorite Annie quote ever!