Sunday, August 23, 2009

Singing in the Rain

It was almost bedtime, but we agreed on one last walk for the day.

But, by the time we all had shoes on, and the girls were in pajamas, we were surprised to find it was raining outside.

So, change of plans. We went out on the front porch to enjoy the cooler weather and watch the rain. But, that didn't last long. The girls escaped to the grass, and spent the next half hour, squealing, giggling, dancing, singing and enjoying every last second of the wet weather.

When the rain would pick up, Annie would run back up to the shelter of the front porch. Ellie on the otherhand would have only left the rain if removed by force. Her pajamas were soaking wet when we came in and had to be changed before bed again. It was all worth it though.











(When we announced it was time to come in, Annie started whining, and moaned, "Ohhhh, but I practically wanted to stay outside!" She's using the word 'practically' an awful lot lately. With varying degrees of success).

2 comments:

Jessi said...

That is so much fun. I remember playing in the rain when I was little, and loving it! (I left a message on facebook that was PRACTICALLY the same, so I won't go into all the details here.)

Ellie is developing quite the adventurous little personality. It is awesome. I can't wait to hear Ellie as a three year old stories!

Your pictures turned out really cute. I love Ellie's little soaked pajama pants!

Lani said...

What a fantastic idea. I wish we had grass... sigh :-)