So much for Ellie's first 'cleaning up after drawing all over stuff' photo shoot.
This didn't turn out to be the milestone I thought it was for Ellie; not her first crayons on unacceptable surfaces milestone. But I think it was the first time I can remember where Annie purposefully let her little sister take the blame for something that she herself did . . . so, that's kind of a milestone of its own.
Here's the first time Annie colored (and then cleaned) the walls, in September 2007, at 16 months old.
And then, while I was typing this, Annie just smeared two whole handfuls of lotion in Ellie's hair.
Anyone want a cute, blonde three year old for the day?
On the flip side, Ellie's been continuously just melting my heart today (except, possibly, when I thought she'd colored all over the bathroom). When cuddling with me this morning, she was clutching her stuffed dinosaur tightly, and just grinning happily. Then, she suddenly decided I needed to kiss her dinosaur, and she proceeded to have me kiss her stuffed animal about 47 times . . . growing happier and happier each time. After five or six times of me kissing the doll, she'd just giggle and clutch it to herself and hug it tightly. Then about 10 seconds later she'd decided it needed more Mommy kisses, and we'd start the whole thing over again. It was adorable to watch her so happy about all this affection. She can be so sweet and cuddly. And, as gross as it is, I love when she dives for me with her drooly mouth wide open, wanting kisses. My other favorite thing she does a lot now, and has been doing all morning, is when she sees me, smiles, then takes off running to Annie's room, only to return 30 seconds later with a book (or as many books as she can carry), and then she runs to me, turns around, and backs into my lap (walking backwards until she literally hits my leg and just topples into my lap), then she turns and grins at me, and lifts up the book and turns to the first page. I had been worried she wouldn't share the same love of books as Annie had at this age, because truthfully we haven't read as much with her as we did with our first . . . but she adores books, and wants me to read to her several times a day.
4 comments:
What a crazy little three year old you have! The pictures were very cute, however. I liked seeing the picture of Annie's first graffiti removal.
Such cute pictures! I'm still wondering if our last few wall drawings were Kyle like Claire claims.
About the lotion---didn't this happen with vaseline a while ago? Maybe even twice? Maybe a higher shelf is in order :)
SO cute. I have pictures of Baylee around that age with BLACK marker all over herself and the doorway. It was horrid!
That is such a great story! And that's so fun that you were smart enough to actually take pictures of those funny "firsts" moments. I'm hope I'm as good as good as you are about taking pictures of my baby!
Post a Comment