Annie was having fun with her hair this morning. We had the front part pulled up into two little piggy tails, and she was holding them up in the air and exclaiming she was a Mountain Goat with horns, then she'd just swing one up dramatically and she was suddenly a trumpeting Elephant. For awhile she was an antlered moose, then it was back to one, as she pulled a single piggy tail as straight as she could off her head and exclaimed, "Look at me, I'm a unicorn!
"Mom, I know why they're called unicorns!" she happily exclaimed. "'Cause 'unas'," she begins to explain authoritatively, "have corns."
For a brief second there, I really actually thought my three year old was going to tell me that the prefix 'uni' meant 'one' . . . but this was even better. Greg and I have been telling each other that "Unas have corns" all day now.
2 comments:
I really thought she was going to explain the prefix to you too, but unas having corn is much more fun! Annie is a hoot!
Too funny. Jamo wants to know what a 'una' is... and come to think of it, I'm a bit curious now too. I'd love to know if Annie has any enlightening commentary on the subject- please keep us posted. :)
Post a Comment