Friday, August 14, 2009

Life Since Yellowstone

I think I left out how horribly, awfully bad the bugs were while we were camping. I know this because, at last count, I am covered with TWENTY TWO mosquito bites. THREE of those are on my face. One that is a large solid red bump right on my forehead that kinda brings me back to Junior High, and makes me want to stop complete strangers in the store and tell them, "It's just a bug bite, I don't actually have a mammoth size zit smack dab in the middle of my forehead."
I have FIVE mosquito bites on my arm, right around the area where you get a flu shot . . . it's like I got five painful injections, complete with redness, swelling and bumps on my arm.
I have FIVE more on the small of my back and hip. Seriously!? How did the mosquitos even bite me there?! Same goes for the one bite on the back of my thigh.
My feet are covered in the majority of the rest of the bites, making almost every pair of shoes I own uncomfortable.
I apparently have the tastiest blood in the whole wide world. It's a wonder I haven't been attacked and killed by vampires yet.


Less whiny updates since Yellowstone:

Annie had the time of her life camping. She played in the dirt and gathered rocks and sticks with the best of the boys. But, since we've been home, she has worn nothing but princess dresses. Every day. All day. Out shopping today. To bed last night. To the lake yesterday with my parents. This girl is all Princess. 'Cause apparently one so dainty can only take so much dirt. :-)



I am just about all caught up on laundry. It's taken two days and approximately 8 batches of laundry, but it's all washed, dried and sorted. Now I just need to hang up this giant pile of mine & Greg's clothes, and a similarly sized Annie pile, and we'll be laundry free until I start another batch tonight.




Looking to get out of the house with the girls for the afternoon (since we've been inside unpacking or doing laundry fairly non-stop), all the while not spending any more money, we went to the District today. Where we looked at the puppies and kittens that are up for adoption, with no actual intention of adopting. Went to Target to look at clothes and toys we had no intention of buying. Then to Harmon's, where they're giving away free ice cream and cake for their birthday celebration. Ellie loved her cake. She made quite the mess with it, but I was kinda thinking that the 10-15 minute clean up that'll be required later on was worth the 10-15 minutes of sheer happiness from Ellie while we were out in public.

Speaking of which, I better get outside and hose down that stroller now that it's stopped raining.

2 comments:

Jessi said...

I love how Annie went from a ranger to a princess in a matter of days. She looks very pretty in her dress, like a mini little prom queen!

Ellie is just a doll. I am glad she enjoyed her cake.

Good job on not spending on money on your outing today. If I had been with you I would have thrown a fit about not getting to adopt a new dog. hahaha

Melissa said...

I sooo hate the post-vacation laundry!! Good job on doing it so quickly. If that were my pile, it would still be there for an other week :) (Laundry is my least fav job.)