Saturday, August 29, 2009

Busy Saturday

Annie spent the morning at the zoo with her Uncle Cody (who borrowed her as an adorable blonde haired prop for a date with his new girlfriend.) She had fun, telling me all about the baby animals she saw. Uncle Cody even amazed me by getting a couple pictures from the zoo. Only like 5 pictures, but that is basically five more than if I'd sent Greg to the zoo with a camera and my daughter, so I was very impressed by the 18 year old male's photography skills and follow through.



While Annie was gone, Greg had the unenviable task of putting in a new fence, then mowing the lawn. He didn't have the funnest Saturday, but man, was he productive! I got the grocery shopping, laundry, dishes and mopping done, so I wasn't exactly a slacker either, but it kinda paled in comparison.
During Ellie's nap, and Greg's yard work, I ran out to the store, but got sidetracked by a yard sale. And I have to tell you, I've never been much of a yard-saler (I'm making up words I think, but I don't know of another word for it), but I'm starting to think I'm missing out! I found boxes and boxes of cute little girl clothes, in brands that are typically too spendy for my blood, most barely used . . . and at 50 cents to a dollar an outfit, I left with a whole armful of new clothes for my girls. Check out Ellie in her new pink polka dot dress:
Best dollar I've spent in a long time!
Plus, how adorable is she on her Fred. (That is the odd name her Winnie the Pooh ride on toy has . . . it was a code name my sisters and I came up for when they'd bought it for Annie, and wanted it to be a surprise for Greg at least (since I already knew about it, and Annie wasn't even a year old yet), so we called it 'Fred' for a month or two until Annie actually unwrapped it. The name stuck.)


After Annie rode bikes with our cute little neighbor girls for awhile, (and Ellie rode on Fred) the girls and I, along with Uncle David and Aunt Talina, went up and walked around Tracy Aviary for until it closed, then we came home and ate dinner. It had been a long day by the time the girls finally fell asleep . . . but the girls had a lot of fun, and a lot got done . . . so it was a pretty good weekend.

3 comments:

The Stowell's said...

Your really just discovering yard-saleing? I figured with your rad shopping skills you would have figured out how amazing they are... Just make sure you always leave the kids and the hubby behing cuz they always see the junk and think they have to have it and since it really is a good price you buy it, then your just stuck with a bunch of junk! :)

Sare said...

gotta love yard sales. "one man's trash is another man's treasure"... or something along those lines. :)
I always feel justified at yard sales because I FINALLY feel like I'm paying what the items are worth (i.e. I KNOW it doesn't cost $12 to make a pair of baby shoes- more like $1, if that...) May this be the first of many wonderful pay-in-cash non-taxed purchases for you!

Jessi and Dalan said...

I love the idea of yard selling (recycling, things for a bargain, etc), but I can never get up early enough on the weekends to actually make it worth my time!