Monday, August 3, 2009

And it's Only Noon . . .

Annie has smeared an entire tub of Vaseline on herself and on my bed.

Annie rubbed handfuls of lotion on Ellie's (freshly shampooed) head.

I randomly decided I needed to trim the wisps of hair that Ellie has on the back of her head right now, before they became mullet-ish. I don't think I did such a good job. (Ellie wasn't exactly cooperating either.)

Ellie emptied an entire box of Kix on the kitchen floor. And I do mean entirely; I came in as she was shaking it violently to get every last Kix (Kik? What is the singular of Kix?) out of the box.

Annie has a friend over and they emptied every single last cubby, basket and drawer out onto her floor. (Then she wigged out and started crying no matter what he touched or did . . . then she threw herself onto me and cried, "It's time for friends to go home!" She was on one this morning.)

Ellie emptied the 'kids drawer' in the kitchen (their plates, spoons, etc are kept in a low drawer so they can be independent and get stuff all by their little old selves) onto the floor.

While trying to make lunch I accidentally knocked a tupperware full of my amazing homemade spaghetti sauce (an entire, large bowl full . . . full of tomatoes, onions, peppers, carrots, celery, summer squash, garlic, zuchinni and basil) out of the fridge, onto the floor, breaking the expensive tupperware and flinging the sauce across half my kitchen and up my leg. Part of it landing on all the kids' plates that were out of the floor already. Those'll need to be washed now too.

7 comments:

Talina said...

I still envy you.
Sorry it's been such a rough day. But is it bad that I giggled as I read that?

Jessi said...

Let's make a plan for a better tomorrow for both of us!

Lori's Family said...

That's ruff. I hope the rest of your day got better. Hang in there daddy to the rescue when he gets home from work, right?

Melissa said...

mama said there'll be days like this..there'll be days like this my mama said. Glad to know that I am not the only one who has those wonderful days where you just want to go to bed and start all over again.

Jackie H said...

Nice to know others have days like that. Haven't you had the vaseline problem before? I must have been a lot of fun the first time to warrant a repeat.

I like the idea of keeping the kids dinner stuff in a low drawer. I'm going to do that next time we move.

Bummer about the sauce. Why didn't the expensive tupperware survive? Isn't it not supposed to break? Once my mom had a chicken broth cooling in the sink and my brother washed his hands over it. Ruined dinner sucks. My mom swore.

Shannon said...

Ugh. I am practically in tears for you. I loathe mommy days like that. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

JAB0218 said...

Hang in there! I seem to have a few more of those kind of days than I would like. But I've come to realize all you can do is laugh because these are the times we will look back at and smile even though we didn't smile when they were happening.