Monday, April 27, 2009

Quick Trip on the Potty Train

I was listening in as Annie was in the bathroom (we're on a 'I'm wearing panties' kick today). As she emptied her little potty into the bigger toilet, I heard her sing her own little song . . . you have to imagine a very peppy tune (at the end of the song it morphed into something that may be more familiar to those who spent anytime in an LDS Primary):
"We put the pee pee in the potty! We wipe the pee pee off us but we gotta be careful, 'cause pee pee and poo poo are the kinda stuff you never want to touch! Then you have to wash your hands! Never touch pee pee or poo poo, at home, at school, at play."

Earlier today, Annie was playing on Disney's website. I noticed it was the Disney site when I kept hearing familiar Disney characters calling her by name. Apparently, it had asked her to type in her name, which she apparently can do no problem, and since then the computer was calling her Annie. The monkeys on the site then asked Annie for the email address she wanted to send her the virtual postcard she'd just created to . . . at this point, Annie called me over, "Mom! I need to ask a grown up for help with this part!" By the time I got to her, she'd already typed her own name in the first line where it asked for a name. Except that it said, "annie2". I asked her why she had a '2' on the end. She looked at me like I was stupid and replied, "Because I'm two years old Mom." Oh, of course. Just call me Hilary29. My favorite part though, was on the next line it was asking for an email address. Annie pointed out that she didn't know what an email address was, but she'd already typed in the first 3 numbers of our street address in the box. We ended up having to have the 'you don't ever share your personal information with people online . . . even 'Ooh' and 'Ahh' or other Disney characters' conversation a lot earlier than I'd ever imagined. "OK Mom," she responded, "we'll use your email address then." Ha.
We then went back to the beginning of the postcard making process so she could show me all the options she'd had. Back on the first page again, she exclaimed, "I used the rectangle one . . . I hadn't realized there were FOUR shapes to choose from!" I hadn't realized she now used the phrase "I hadn't realized!"

6 comments:

Melissa said...

I love her potty song! very wise words. We shouldn't touch poo, at home, at school, at play. Our lives would be so boring without little toddlers to let us know just exactly how the world works.

Star said...

She is soooo hilarious!

Talina said...

Wow, she is growing up so fast! And I think her computer skills will soon surpass mine.

Jessi said...

Wow! The never share your personal information over the internet talk with a 2 year old...we had the same talk in my class last week with nine and ten year olds!

Chrystal said...

The little techno-savy ones are too smart for their own good. That little song was too cute! Nothing like the world through a toddler's eyes.

Jackie H said...

She's too freaking smart for not even being 3.