According to Annie:
"Mommy rules, Daddy drools, Annie jumps in a pool, Ellie's super cool!"
The other night we were driving home from the grocery store. I had jumped into the front seat to drive home while Greg was getting Annie into her carseat. I triumphantly exclaimed from my illbegotten drivers seat, "Ha! Mommy rules and Daddy drools!" Annie found this hilarious. But also pointed out that really, Ellie's the drooler in our family. (Speaking of which, after about two and a half weeks of sheer agony (for all of us!), Ellie's bottom tooth has actually poked through. Just barely.) Anyway, from there Greg and I, maturily, bantered back and forth about who in fact ruled. And who drooled. We also started rhyming as many other things as we could think of, pool, mule, fool, cool, ghoul, jewel, stool, tool, wool . . .
Then there was a discussion of who was 'in charge' (stemming from the "Does Mom or Dad 'rule' or 'drool' ongoing debate.) Annie informed me that Greg was in charge. He laughed again. I replied, "He's more of a figurehead really." Greg laughed. Annie just looked confused.
Maybe it was the thought of heads that led to the next part of our conversation. About this time is when Annie informed me that, "Mommy has a bigger head than Daddy." Greg laughed again. (A little too long.) I explained that it was just that Mom had more hair, was sitting up taller and just had better posture than Dad who was more slouched over in the passenger side seat so that less of his (giant) head was showing. Annie didn't seem to buy that. (For the record, Greg and I both have large heads, physically . . . probably has something to do with our infant daughters having 85-90th percentile sized heads, despite being 2% on the charts in weight. I have the 'bigger head' if you're talkin' attitude, not proportions.)
Annie ended all debate with the phrase that I now want to get done in vinyl letters and mounted above mine and Greg's bed, "Mommy rules, Daddy drools, Annie jumps in a pool, Ellie's super cool!" Smart kid!
3 comments:
That is so cute! I'm glad that you are keeping all these "Annieisms" recorded so that you will remember them when she's 16 and dating!
When we have kids they will be right when they say mommy has a bigger head than daddy. I have a ginormous head, and Dalan has a shrink head!
My head is considerably bigger than Beau's. He points it out at least once a day. Good times.
Post a Comment