Here's a few things Annie's said this morning . . . just in the hour or two before Church:
Reading herself a book outloud this morning, about Christmas:
"Then it was Christmas, and Santa came, and he said, "Everyone, GIVE UP!" (Apparently he had them at gunpoint . . . at least that was what her tone implied.) Then, "And then he told the deers, 'FLY Reindeer!' And then we made him lots of nummy food, because he likes that, and you do what he says."
I don't remember the "Santa-as-mercenary" thing around Christmas time, but apparently he left quite the impression.
Later, she was looking at her eyes in the mirror . . . then pulling the bottom lids down to expose the red inside of the eye socket (something that makes me squeamish, I have to look away), exclaims, "Look Mommy! I look like an astronaut!" So random it cracked me up.
Along another random vein, she was singing to herself and I hear, "South Africa! Oh, South Africa!"
I asked, "Annie, what are you singing about?"
"South Africa." Duh, Mom.
"Do you know what South Africa is?"
"A country." Duh again, Mom. "Of course, I don't know what a country is."
5 comments:
How I love Annie-isms! This made my day!
So funny! I love the things that comes our of kids mouths.
Okay, the country thing is HILARIOUS!
I love how much Annie sings. It was so funny yesterday when Annie was trying to help me find mom's basket and she just kept singing things along the lines of "We've got to find the basket. Yes, we do, yes, we do!"
Do you teach her this stuff? Seriously, how does she come up with it?
Oh my goodness. She's a crack up!!
Post a Comment