Saturday, April 4, 2009

Prepare Yourself for the Cutest Pictures in the History of Mankind . . .

We got the CD from our family portraits back today! Unfortunately, my computer is stupid (or, its operator is, since I've known it's been having issues with the CD drive for a good 8 months now, and yet have done nothing to repair it) and it won't recognize the CD our amazing photographer Gianne gave us today. I'm currently downloading the CD onto Greg's (ancient) laptop, then transferring them to our external hard drive, then will copy 'em over to my computer and post 'em online . . . but in the meantime (near eternity), I'm linking y'all over to see some of the cute newest additions to Gianne's blog of my adorable family . . .
http://giannesnowphotography.blogspot.com/2009/04/johnsons.html

Oh, side note: General Conference left me with one very amazing message that changed how the rest of my day went (which consisted of shopping) . . . the three most important words in marriage, "I love you." Four most important, "We can't afford it." I'm proud to announce that even with an additional 30% off discount on any Kohl's purchase, I refrained from buying any new toys, clothes or things for the house. Despite seeing things I liked that were ALREADY 80% off, then with the additional 30% off basically making 'em nearly free, I still didn't buy anything, 'cause we don't need any more possessions. See how useful General Conference messages are in our day to day lives? :-)
(Um, in the interest of full disclosure though, I did find the bedspread of my dreams already 60% off, and talked my Mom into buying it for my birthday. But still, I didn't spend any of our money! I just made other people spend theirs! I don't know if this makes me very smart, or very evil. Either way, I'm getting a new bedspread!)

5 comments:

Jessi said...

Love the pictures...Annie is so animated!

Hilary said...

The photographer commented on how she got a completely new look from Annie every few seconds, and how much it was cracking her up! We probably have several hundred shots of her 'pouty' face :-)

Talina said...

Hilary, I believe that is the DEFINITION of Evil Genius ;)
I'm glad that my tennis shoes now have several holes in them. I could then buy my new shoes guilt-free. We can afford them and I DO need them. . . of course you DID talk me into buying the more expensive pair. . . ;)

Makayla Mackie said...

That's what parents are for! To spend money on their children. :)

Sare said...

LOVE the family pics. I'll need to keep her name in mind when we get contemplate family photos sometime down the road- they look fabulous! :)