Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Proper Hydration

So, Annie's been weird about drinking water lately. She doesn't seem to want to drink anything, and I'm concerned she's not getting enough liquids. Greg and I try to point out how important drinking water is, how it cleans out our bodies and helps us to be healthy (all while not pushing it to much, 'cause remember, this is my stubborn child . . . I'm afraid she'd stop drinking altogether if she realized this was really bugging me.)

We bought her her own little 'water cooler/dispenser' thing, so she can get her own drinks out of it, and that's worked somewhat, giving her independent side the autonomy it so desires.

Something is sinking in though, 'cause I'm sitting here watching her fill up a little medicine syringe with water and 'encouraging' her little sister to get enough water. "Ellie," she sternly lectures, "if you don't drink enough water, your pee will be REALLY yellow like mine. Almost brown in the mornings." He he. This is what I get for trying to explain cause and effect relationships to my two year old.
She's having some trouble getting her little sister to stay still while she's trying to 'administer' her doses of H2O. "Stop doing that Ellie!" she exclaims as Ellie tosses her head away, thus spilling some water, "You're making me nervous!" Ha.

The one phrase we're noticing a lot from Annie lately is, "I didn't know that." (Or, "I never knew that," or "I didn't know that before.") Whether she actually knew the piece of information or not, she happily exclaims her 'just figured it out' status. I think I hear this about 5 times a day.

1 comment:

Jessi said...

I think the "I don't know that" response is the one I got when I asked her if her house was north or south of your mom's....even though she totally knows that!