Sunday, January 3, 2010

Dynamic Duo

All morning (and I do mean all morning, now that we're on the much dreaded 1:00PM Church schedule) Annie kept asking, "Is Sarajayne going to be there? Is Sarajayne gonna be there? Will Sarajayne be there?" and so on and so forth. I couldn't make any promises, as Sarajayne misses Church from time to time with colds and such, just like every other preschool aged child, but I reassured her I was 'pretty sureSarajayne would be there.' As we were pulling out of our driveway I pointed out excitedly to Annie, "LOOK! Sarajayne's garage door is opening! They must be on their way to Church!" All through Sacrament, Annie kept turning around trying to spotSarajayne's family in the congregation. She was starting to get worried, but became one very happy little girl when we spotted their family as we were leaving Sacrament meeting. Annie rushed up to her best friend, and they were soon met up with by another neighbor around their age, Lily, and the trio so adorably looked like a pint sized version of gabbing women catching up between their Church meetings. :-)

Today was a big day at Church for Annie, as it is the week she would officially graduate from nursery (which kids attend from 18 months old through the end of the year in which they turned three), to Primary (and specifically, their "Sunbeams" class, which they start the year they will turn four years old.) I knew we had a lot of kids that age, but I was surprised to see the Sunbeams list with 19 names on it! Because putting any one or two adults in a class with 19 three yearolds in it would be cruel and all, they split the group into two separate classes. My worst fear was on one of the lists that was printed up -- with Annie in one class andSarajayne in another. Annie would be heartbroken, this was her best little friend, and every day of preschool and Church was prefaced with the questions of, "WillSarajayne be there?" How could I tell Annie that Sarajayne would never be in her class at Church? But, there was a second list printed right next to the first, with Sarajayne's name listed in the same class as Annie. I was confused, but hopeful that the list they were going off of would have the two girls in the same class for the year. As soon as Church was over, I rushed to pick up Annie from her class, and was excited to hear about her first day in 'real' Primary. I got there after most of the other parents had picked up their children. I couldn't wait to hear about Annie's first Sunbeam experiences, but the first question I asked the teacher (who had also been Annie's nursery teacher, who 'moved up' with them) was, "IsSarajayne in your class too?" I was overjoyed to hear that the two best buddies were in the same class again this year. I told her how I'd been so worried about them being separated when I'd seen the two different class lists, and she told me, "Oh, originally they were put in different classes, but my husband told the Primary that these two girls couldn't be separated!"
I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees how adorably inseparable these two friends are!

Here's some pictures from October of the two of them . . .




(Um, yeah . . . I think Annie's understanding of 'personal bubble' is possibly still a bit immature -- she's constantly grabbing Sarajayne's hand, throwing her arm around her, hugging her enthusiastically). :-)

3 comments:

Jessi said...

That is so sweet. Aubrey and I met when we were three, almost four, and have been friends ever since. I hope the same for Annie and Sarajane.

Crystal Escobar said...

ahh, that is sooo cute!!!

Kerry said...

That's really cute. Reminds me of Jackson and Owen. And soon will be Wyland and Xavier. So cute at such a little age.