Monday, January 25, 2010

Annie-ism

As we were leaving Church yesterday, we were talking about Annie's experience in Primary. Annie so far has been, well, underwhelmed with 'Sunbeams' (the 3-4 year old class) after attending Nursery the last 2 years. More sitting, less playing, no toys and, apparently, no snacks. She does get to sing more though, and that at least makes her happy most of the time. And she got to keep the same teacher, and her best friend Sarajayne is there with her, so at least there's no tears when we drop her off.

Since she hadn't eaten in hours, and we were driving a half hour to go to a dinner that wouldn't be ready for a little while, I was worried about how long we'd go without her eating. So, I asked what she'd eaten for a snack (trying to gauge her hunger level, to determine how little of a snack I could get by with on the drive, as to not spoil dinner, but keep her from freaking out -- all while not realizing they didn't do snacks anymore). Annie informed me they had eaten cookies the first week, but there haven't been snacks in weeks, and that they just sing a lot instead. She sighed and said, "I hope this isn't going to be a pattern."

2 comments:

Kerry said...

HAHA! Such a vocabulary she has.

Jessi said...

My mom has told this story to everyone. We are so impressed with her vocab. So funny!