I was very productive this morning. By 8:00AM I had cleaned my kitchen, scrubbed the microwave, disinfected all countertops, vacuumed and mopped the entire main floor, and even washed some walls. The secret to my success -- I turned on the TV in the front room, blasted one of those 'music only' channels on cable, the 'Kids Music' one -- filled with Hannah Montana and the like, and Annie and Ellie have been happily dancing and bopping for the last 45 minutes, pretty much uninterrupted. Why have I not done this before?!
Of course, despite their huge energy output, neither of them seem any closer to wanting to take a nap, while I'm just exhausted.
In other news, yesterday was my 18 week check up -- here's the highlights:
• We scheduled our ultrasound for next Friday. It's gonna be a long week and a half, but I'm so excited. (Sorry Amber, I'm just not strong enough to not find out :-). Even though I do think it'd be awesome to find out the sex at birth (and to keep everyone else annoyed and in the dark for the next several months). Maybe I could find a middle ground -- find out for myself next Friday, and just not tell anyone else 'til birth! :-) Nah, that would cut down on too many shopping months for my Mom to start spoiling the unborn grandchild. And if we get a boy this time, I'm gonna need all new stuff!)
• The baby kicked the doppler a lot again, but eventually we heard a strong heartbeat in the mid- to high-150s. My midwife said, "Sounds like a girl to me. And I'm right at least half of the time."
• I only gained three pounds this last month. Quite an improvement over the NINE I gained the month before. I was kinda shocked, as it appears I've put on 15 pounds just in my stomach in the last four weeks -- I don't know how I gained only three. It doesn't appear to have taken the weight from anywhere else!
The three vs. nine pounds thing probably has a lot to do with my nausea starting to get under control, so I no longer feel a near-constant compulsion to eat crackers and white bread around the clock. As well as the holidays being over.
• I totally forgot to ask the midwife what I can do about my gigantic cold sore outbreak all around my mouth. Seriously y'all, I have about 15 cold sores right now, all around one side of my mouth and along my lip line. It's pretty much the most disgusting, uncomfortable thing ever. I break out in cold sores my entire pregnancy, but this is ridiculous. This is not one of those things they tell you about in all those pregnancy books.
• The morning sickness appears to finally be letting up. I still feel crappy and fatigued off and on, but the nausea has only reared its ugly head twice in the past week. Yay. And, it's about time!
2 comments:
I was told to take lycine for mouth sores, but I dont know if it works the same way for cold sores. I am glad that you are starting to feel better! Can't wait to know what the baby is!
Rest assured that that wouldn't work every time you clean so don't feel bad for not thinking of it sooner. I can never wait to find out the gender of my babies. Mainly because III want to shop for them right then and there. Good luck!!
Post a Comment