Friday, January 29, 2010

Lest We Forget

Last night it was my turn to say family prayer. I listed some of the stuff we're thankful for, and asked for an appropriate number of blessings, then ended my prayer and said 'amen.' Only to open my eyes to see Ellie glaring at me, arms still defiantly crossed. She angrily growled one word at me, "Grandpa."
"Oh, did I forget to mention Grandpa in our prayer?"
"Yeah," she said seriously, arms still crossed.
So, we said another prayer, this time specifically mentioning Grandpa. Again, I ended the prayer with an 'amen', this time to open my eyes to a happy Ellie, who enthusiastically threw her arms open and shouted, "Amen!"
Don't mess with this kid's Grandpa. She's kind of obsessed with him right now.

1 comment:

Talina said...

I'll bet Grandpa is feeling pretty good about himself right about now ;)
That girl sure does love the men in her life :)