So, week two of our family Biggest Loser Competition has (thankfully) come to an end.
Um, yeah . . . it didn't go so well. I'm up. But just a little teeny bit, and still under where I started the competition. I'm blaming the fact my kitchen is torn apart and I avoid the construction areas of the home at all costs, so we've been seeing a little too much of our good friend Little Caesar this week. And it doesn't help that, as previously mentioned, my main stress coping techniques basically consist of eating M&Ms.
I'm starting to get the feeling that I may not be the one lounging and mocking during the dishwashing after Thanksgiving dinner. But, none of my siblings should get too overconfident yet, as I'm not out of the running . . . and since I have not yet received a single gloating text or phone call, and not even an update, I'm thinking nobody is too 'on fire'.
This competition isn't over yet . . . I went to the store tonight and just totally restocked my produce drawer with a ton of fresh veggies and fruits (um, and bought some mini M&Ms, crap! It's an addiction.)
Oh, and unrelated to my horribly poor showing at the contest, Fox 13 finally broadcast that story about Greg's Grandpa. That's my cute little family there in the beginning . . .
http://www.fox13now.com/videobeta/watch/?watch=93e18a3a-9bd4-4575-9f1a-f8c82a83879f
4 comments:
It's the dreaded week 2 curse!!!!
And awwww Grandpa. I cry every time I watch that video!
Lacy finally sent out the results. Boo-yah! I am feeling much better about my chances now. If you continue to have house troubles (and subsequent M&M therapy), Cody continues to forget to weigh himself and I keep tempting mom with Sonic raspberry lime-aides, everything should go exactly as planned. Too bad Lacy lives so far away. She is kicking all of our butts and I think it is because she is so far removed from our influence (I'm talking to YOU, Mrs. "Let's all congregate at my house for cards and Ice Cream, Mwa, ha, ha!")
Keep up the good work! Losing weight is NO easy thing. I think it's cool that you're all doing it as a family though!
Good luck. I have a horrible M&M addiction also. They are just sooo good and yes, so therapeutic -- until you realize that those 5 minutes of yumminess just cost you about 400 calories which then takes like an HOUR of exercise to burn. sigh...
Post a Comment