Monday, October 5, 2009

Biggest Loser Update

Weigh-in isn't until Wednesday, but I'm already dreading it.

Until this weekend, I was feeling pretty good about things. I was even down almost another pound in only three days. Then it was Conference weekend. Which in my awesome families means lots of good food. Including, but not limited to, amazing garlic bread from Costco, root beer floats, birthday cake, absolutely horrifyingly-bad-for-you-but-so-tasty breakfasts, and more ice cream later on that day accompanying late night card games.

Add to that Ellie is still in a phase we have aptly named: Crazy. (Mixed with a side of Refusing to Sleep). Annie is three, therefore being obstinate. And a wrecking crew came today and poked holes in my ceilings, ripped out carpet pad and demolished my kitchen floor. And I now feel like I'm living inside a hurricane, what with all the fans and dehumidifiers running loudly throughout my house. I have to keep reminding myself not to shout into the phone when I'm having conversations with people not actually inside the wind tunnel. I'm trying to keep my children confined to parts of the house that are not being sucked and blown dry by large expensive equipment, or where floors are not torn up and exposing tack strips and bare, wet wood. They're getting a bit pissed about this. And bored. Did I mention our playroom is one of the rooms most affected?

I'm a tad stressed (although still focusing on the new kitchen floor I'll get out of this whole deal . . . and not the $500 deductible I'm trying hard to forget writing the check for earlier today). And I self medicate with M&Ms. This will not be a good weigh-in this week.

2 comments:

Jessi said...

I wish I could be one of those people who deal with stress by exercising, or at least cleaning, but nope, instead I like to eat and watch reality TV. Such is life!

Star said...

Well at least your crappy weightloss was from stress, and outside factors like house destruction. My crappy weightloss is stemming from my bodies sheer hatred of losing weight. It does not want to be skinny! And it is pissed about me trying to be. So the revolt has begun. THis is going to be a long, brutal winter.