Thursday, October 29, 2009

Halloween's a Thriller

Last night we headed out for a Halloween Party at Greg's parents ward. There were a ton of fun activities, good food and lots of candy . . . so Annie is now even more sold on this whole 'Halloween thing'.

Although she couldn't muster much enthusiasm for the dance lessons offered by the Young Women . . . they were giving a class on how to dance to 'Thriller'. Annie was, um, less than thrilled.


Ellie, on the other hand . . . this kid may just have a future as a pop icon . . .


In the video, you may have noticed the gory disgusting mess that was Ellie's hands and face. That was all thanks to a sucker ingeniously called a "Blood Pop." It warned me right there on the label, but I didn't take it serious until my child looked like a tiny vampire with horrible table manners . . .

Ellie loved being a cat (though she looks like a suspicious cat here), and anytime anyone would mention a cat or a kitty, she'd pound her little chest and 'meow'. (Which, in Ellie-speak, is a horrible sound that is more akin to an injured wild cat, but it's almost recognizable as a cat's meow.)

Annie confused us by breaking down into near hysterics while waiting in line to 'bob for donuts'. She was terrified. We don't know if it was someone's costume or what, but it actually seemed directed at the game itself. I patiently showed her it was just a donut, and explained the idea of the game, and she was still a bit freaked out and we were ready to just move on, but then the 13 year old kid running the game told her there was a prize for playing: a ring with a bat on it. She mustered all her courage and bobbed with the other kids. She still looks a bit weary of the whole thing though.
Ellie the Alley Cat getting her picture taken by Grandpa Johnson against the cute harvest display that Grandma Ruth painted last year. Ellie (who I mentioned just yesterday has become quite the camera hog) repeatedly dragged Grandpa back to the display to take her picture again and again.
Annie happily showing off her loot from the Trunk or Treat (note that she's now wearing her flannel pajamas under the dress, since it was pretty cold outside for a princess dressed for nothing more than a party!)

3 comments:

Talina said...

I love Annie's hair with this costume! And Ellie-cat is adorable!
I was so jealous David got to see them last night. We're definitely coming down on Saturday to see them before they go trick-or-treating.

Jessi said...

So fun! I like how the girl's have gone to like 100 Halloween activities. I am a little jealous!

andrea kay said...

My singles ward performed Thriller at the Stake Talent Show. I wasn't there but heard it was pretty awesome. We should have got Annie and Ellie to join in.