Saturday, October 10, 2009

Death to Naps

Annie gets a lot of press here on this blog about her complete dislike and distrust of all things 'sleep'. But, it would be unfortunate to forget that her little sister apparently inherited the same 'sleep = death' gene . . .

I put Ellie down for her nap today. She fought it, of course. She's fighting all her naps now. We've even had a few days lately where she blew off her nap entirely, choosing to spend the time in her crib just chattering and fussing for nearly two hours. Today, after about 40 minutes, it was finally quiet in her room, so I peeked in. To find her fast asleep . . . pantless, and propped up on a pile of blankets she'd apparently finally conked out on. She was sitting up, and had taken off her own pants.

Now there's a kid who was trying very hard not to fall asleep. Fortunately, she's only 17 months old, so sometimes sleep wins these battles.

I fear for when she's two though . . . that's when Annie learned she could resist sleep by taking off her diaper and pooping in her crib . . .



(Look at all her hair! It's really started to thicken up! Yesterday someone mistook her for a whole 10 months old . . that's progress!)

3 comments:

Jessi said...

Her hair is so thick, and it is getting darker too....it is such a pretty honey wheat type color. I love it.

Melissa said...

Wow, so sorry! That is one problem I have never had. Evan actually giggles when he sees his crib and knows its bed/nap time. So did Lauren. She took long 4 hour naps untill she was almost 4. I totally feel for you here. That is one thing I don't know if I could deal with gracefully.

Kerry said...

That's cute! What is it about kids that they don't see sleep as a wonderful thing? I would kill for naps and early bedtimes!!