Earlier I realized it was Ellie's nap time, and usually I'd pick her up and carry her into her room, but this time before I had a chance to pick her up when I said "OK baby, time to go to your room, it's naptime . . .", I felt almost guilty as she started to whimper but grabbed her blanket and doll and started to walk her little self (like one on death row) to her own bedroom. She walked all the way in there, nearly sobbing by the time we got there. I picked her up, cuddled for a second, then laid her down. Where she began to scream uncontrollably. I was just kind of shocked though that she walked herself all the way into the most dreaded place in the house, just because I told her it was naptime. Mom's are like all powerful sometimes . . . but I felt bad, feeling like I'd used my powers for evil or something . . .
And yet I can ask her and her big sister to stop fighting, to drop the markers or to stop playing in the toilet, and they act like they can't hear me . . . weird . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment