Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Sea World

Sea World has always been a favorite in my family, so I couldn't wait to share it with the girls. (I think each and everyone of my sisters and I wanted to be a marine biologist at some point.) I was a little disappointed that the girls seemed basically uninterested in the shows at all, but it was magical, for lack of a less cheesy word, to watch them watch the swimming polar bears, the sharks, the penguins and the sting rays in complete awe and wonderment. Amazing.


Uncle Cody, Annie, me & Ellie with Shamu and Grandpa in the background.
Me, Ellie, Cody and Annie with Shamu again!
Ellie and I cuddling. I was soaking wet at this point, because despite it getting down to like 60 something degrees right at the end of our day, the brave (or stupid) of us decided to go ride the water ride, a few times. We were very wet and cold walking out to the cars.
Ellie and I with Shamu again.
Cody, me, Annie, Lacy, Grandma and Greg with a sleeping Ellie all congregated around Annie at the tide pool to watch her touch star fish . . .


Annie running through the splash park.
Annie and Lacy in the water.Many, many adults vegging out in the infant/toddler play area watching Ellie crawl around.
Ellie playing in the baby land.

Annie and Greg in front of the giant shark mouth.
Ellie and Daddy in the shark area.
Star and I showing our disappointment because we thought the Shamu show was a little lame. And preachy.

Annie and Greg in an aquarium.
My family by the manatee statue.
Penguins were, by far, one of Ellie's favorite things to watch . . . she practically dived into the water with them!
Ellie pointing out penguins to Mommy.
Greg, Annie and me . . . I just liked this one, 'cause it showed off my daughter's tongue, that is out like a good 50% of the time!
Watching the polar bears swim and wrestle with the giant half-ball toy they had. It was so cool.

1 comment:

Jessi said...

Looks like a ton of fun! Makes me totally want to plan a trip to Southern California!