Thursday, May 7, 2009

ABCs of Me

A - Age: just over three weeks away from the big 3-0!

B - Bed size: Queen -- I take the top right side, my portion of the middle, and the bottom left hand corner. I think sleeping diagonally is the best. Greg just makes room for my legs.

C - Chore you hate: The ones that are never ending. You know, dishes, laundry, weeding . . . surprisingly, I don't mind vacuuming, and we do that like 4-5 times a day around here (Ellie's in the seek-and-eat phase of babyhood. If it's on the floor, she will eat it.)

D – Dessert: Strawberry shortcake. Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls are a close second. This is all I craved the whole time I was pregnant. (But only Cinnabon. And they're not around here anymore. Anyone flying into Salt Lake airport wanna pick me some up? I'll pay you back).

E - Essential start your day item: Water. I guzzle it in the morning like I've spent the night in the Sahara.

F - Favorite color: Um, brown to wear. Pretty shades of blue and green.

G- Gold or Silver: Um, white gold. It wasn't an actual option, but vastly preferred.

H - Height: 5'6", I think.

I - Instruments you play(ed): Ha! My musical talent rounds up to be a big fat zero! I took like 8 years total of piano, and right now I couldn't play Happy Birthday in any kind of recognizable form. I also took a year of clarinet. I wish I could play the harmonica. That'd be so cool.

J - Job title: Mom

K - Kid(s): Annie (three years old in 12 days) and Ellie (one year old in 13 days).

L - Living arrangements: Cute, little two story house with a big ol' backyard (which sucks to weed).

M- Mom's Name: Karine

N - Nicknames: Hil would be the most common I guess. Annie when I was really little and Hilary Annie when I was growing up. (Thus the name we picked for our first born. We really didn't pick it just to steal the name of second counsins once removed.) Greg calls me the following: Weiniehead, Punkus, Crazy Lady. He really does love me, I promise.

O - Overnight hospital stay: When I was born, or giving birth. For surgery like ten years. That's all I can remember.

P - Pet Peeve: Bad drivers. Not very original, I know, they just bug me.

Q - Quote from a movie: Can't think of any right now. Dang, that would've been one to humorously shine on, but alas, I can come up with nothing.

R - Right or left handed: Right, with not the teeniest, tiniest hint of ambidextrousity.

S - Siblings: The best. A bunch of sisters and a brother. Each one is my very favorite, just ask 'em!

T - Time you wake up: when Ellie and/or Annie does.

U- Underarm deodorant?: Yes, every day.

W - Ways you run late: Constantly underestimating the time it takes to get two kids into a vehicle with all their various crap, a freshly packed diaper bag, and then kids strapped into carseats. You think by now I'd have learned to allow more time for it.

X - X-rays you've had: My teeth over and over and over again throughout pregnancy, when they have the habit of randomly breaking. And my index fingers when I was little, but I don't remember that.

Y - Yummy food you make: I'm told I'm an excellent cook (by Greg, whose best interest it would be in to keep me cooking), but I don't think he's ever told me a favorite. I like my spaghetti. And I tend to be the one who makes desserts for things. I have a couple recipes that are awesome! My peanut butter oatmeal cookies rock. (I now use half whole wheat flour in this recipe, and 1 Tbsp. wheat germ and 1 Tbsp. flax seed). Annie thinks I make the best toast with peanut butter in the world.

Z - Zoo animal: Probably the orangutans. Well, just the baby one (who's like 4 now, actually) at Hogle Zoo. It actually does stuff. I love the zoo best during the winter though, 'cause the animals just seem to be so much more motivated to move (to keep warm and survive, I guess.)

No comments: