Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Naps. Lots of naps.
Amazingly, my children are little sleeping machines today. This is so unlike normal that it is shocking. Ellie took almost an hour long nap earlier today, and is down for another one already. Annie, the real surprise, put herself down for a nap (mostly naked, on the hall floor with a pillow and a blanket) that lasted almost THREE hours! Of course, to assure that their sleep wasn't overly helpful to me, they did space it out as follows: Ellie sleeps for one hour, wakes up just as Annie is falling asleep. After several hours, Ellie (who'd been pretty clingy and grumpy . . . I think she's getting sick), was eye rubbing and I put her down in bed. Approximately TWO MINUTES after I heard her last cry, Annie woke up the nap-of-amazing-length. Good timing you guys! Basically means that I have had one kid or another asleep since 10AM this morning, but not a minute to myself. So everyone is getting enough sleep but me!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I live for my youngest child's naps! Isn't it funny how moms just never get enough sleep, even if the kids are sleeping?
Still amazed Annie slept for so long, although I am not amazed she slept in the hall...she likes the hall. Maybe if you move her bed out there, she will start sleeping in her room....out of spite!
Post a Comment