Thursday, May 21, 2009

Universal Studios

I'm a big fan of Universal . . . I LOVE the back lot tour far more than a person should. Even if King Kong and the Back to the Future set burnt down. Possibly not the single most kid friendly of all of our different outings, but there was a really cute Curious George play area with splash fountains and a cool indoor ball pit like nothing I've seen before. It was a fun, although short 10-5 day (what theme park is only open 7 hours?! What a rip off! At least we walked onto almost every ride, so that made it a little more worthwhile.)

Ellie and me . . . we found on this vacation that Ellie is always game for sticking her head through holes and being photographed . . . don't know why she loved it so much, she just did.
Me and Greg. And yes, I realize I'm Fred and he's Wilma . . . that was the point, despite several bystanders shouting out our 'obvious' confusion.
My family with that famous great white . . .
Ellie resting sweetly against my chest on the back lot tour . . . she almost fell asleep . . . if only the Curse of the Mummy part hadn't blown air and water at us.
Annie (flashing gang signs) and Grandpa on the tram tour.
Cody and my Dad. They're so cute.
Annie and Grandma in line.
Annie kept kissing Cody's cheek 'cause he'd wipe it off and she'd cry out, "Cody! It's NOT gross!" and kiss him again. I think it's how he gets most of the girls to kiss him.
Waiting for Water World to start. Best live show at any park.
During Water World.
Talina, David, Annie, Ellie and Grandma hanging with Curious George. Dora also lived here. With all the Sesame Characters at Sea World, and Disney ones at Disneyland, we pretty much hit all of Annie's favorite beings on earth in one trip. (Although right before our trip I showed something to Annie with Elmo on it and she informed me she wasn't into Elmo anymore, she likes Princesses now. "Maybe Ellie will like it Mom." Ha!)
Ellie's like, "Oooh! More furry people to attempt to eat!"

3 comments:

Rebecca Talley said...

Fun photos.

We went to Universal Studios and my now teenage daughter hated King Kong. She was only 2 at the time and said, "Ugly robot."

I grew up in CA so we visited theme parks regularly.

Looks like you had a blast!

Jackie H said...

I love your hair color. Just thought I'd say that.

Sare said...

Love, Love, LOVE Universal Studios. Haven't been there in awhile, but we hope to go later this summer when my sister gets home. What are rental strollers like there- ideal for 6 month olds, or would you recommend bringing one from home?