Saturday, May 9, 2009

Driving Day

It's somewhere between four and five AM . . . I'd just look at a clock to tell, but I'm all bleary-eyed. Not just 'cause I woke up at 4:20 in the morning, but 'cause while trying to apply makeup on approximately four hours of sleep, I got mascara in one eye. And eyeliner in the other. Stupid vanity. We're driving 12 hours today, and it's 4AM . . . did I really need full eye makeup!?

Ellie was a little fussier than normal yesterday. Then last night she felt warm. Then this morning she's running a full on fever. Good timing. Hopefully the tylenol cools her down . . . and helps her to sleep many, many hours of this long drive. Maybe if she's just kinda sick today, it'll be a blessing in disguise, 'cause she'll sleep more on the way. I just hope she's feeling well enough while we're there to be dragged from one side of the Magic Kingdom to the other from sun up to sun down. Wish us luck.

Anyway, so we're off! We'll be back in a week or so. I doubt I'll be up to the internet at all, so don't expect anything 'til we get back . . . feel free to go back and reread stuff, you can pretend like Annie is just doing all the same funny stuff all over again! Later!

(And for those wondering why in heaven's name I'd get up at 4:20AM and be blogging when it's time to go on vacation, I'm nursing Ellie before we leave, and there's not very many other multi-tasky kinda things I can do to help. I'm kinda stuck. In this chair. So, blogging.)

3 comments:

maidmarian4 said...

I understand the nursing and being bored thing. Might as well look like you are busy doing something important like an online journal/blog! LOL

Good luck! I hope Ellie sleeps off the sickness! :) At least she didn't get sick while at DL! Because then you may fear it's the Swine Flu (or H1N1 or whatever it "really" is...).

Lori's Family said...

Good luck! Maybe we will see you there. Hope you have a great time.

Melissa said...

Have lots of fun and take lots of pictures! Tell your family hi for me!