Thursday, May 28, 2009

Early to Bed . . .

After a terribly grumpy day (for all involved) that dissolved into a giant pile of tears and screaming Annie was firmly placed in bed around 6:30PM and told we were done for the day. She fell asleep around 7:00PM. Ellie, who'd napped earlier than normal, also was asleep for the night right around 7:00 too. This was all great from the stand point of me being tired, kinda sick and achy, and so very, very done for the day. I was able to get a few things done, spend some time with Greg, veg out a little watching craptacular TV 'cause nothing good is on, and Greg even got to sleep around 10:30. I am far less intelligent though, and stayed up until midnight. Which is right about the time the girls took turns waking up almost every hour on the hour. Good times. Poor Ellie is coughing so hard now, and both have really runny noses. I hate when the girls are sick, especially little Ellie, 'cause I just imagine the soreness and achiness and sore throat and I just feel so bad for them. At least Annie understands that it'll be over in a few days. I always wonder if babies have this feeling of, "Holy crap! What happened to my life!? It's so painful and horrible now . . . I'm so stuffed up I can barely breathe and my chest hurts when I cough, and I feel awful . . . why did life take this dramatic turn for the worse?!" Anyway, they were up a lot last night . . . but I think all in all, with the early bedtime, and sleeping in 'til about 7:30, they both caught up on some sleep. Which was sorely needed. Hopefully today'll go a lot better than yesterday. I need it. Plus, Greg is now working 12 hour days through Saturday (which is my birthday), so he gets home about an hour before they go to sleep. Meaning that I don't get that nice little break around 4:30 that I've gotten so used to. (As my law-school-widow-sister-in-law is probably thinking, "Yeah, that'd be tough, ya whiner." :-) She'd have a point.)

Oh, unrelated, but Annie has come up with her own nickname for Ellie. She calls her "Ella" now. When she's talking to her, it's all, "Hey Ella, let's go play in my room," or "Ella!! ELLA!!! Stop looking at me!" I just think it's cute she's come up with her very own name for her sister. Even if she is yelling it at her half the time.

Oh, and Annie was having a conversation with her My Little Pony Baby this morning at breakfast that went something like this . . . "Yeah, my Mom is amazing. A-mazing. Well, kinda. Well, not really. Maybe she's a little amazing. I don't know if she's amazing or not."

3 comments:

Jackie H said...

Aren't those long days the worst? When Taylor was in school and working full time we were lucky to see him at all. I was always done by 6, but our kids don't go to bed until 8. It made for some very long nights.

Liz Johnson said...

Dude, trust me, I have nothing but sympathy. I hate those long days and wouldn't wish them on anybody! I'm so sorry that Greg is working crazy hours, ON YOUR BIRTHDAY NO LESS! Ugh! Anyways, I hope you all start feeling better!

Talina said...

Hilary, You ARE A-mazing. . . . sort of. ;)