Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Pajama Day

Since today was supposed to be Pajama Day at preschool, it seems only fitting that both of my little girls each wore no less than three separate pair of pajamas throughout the day. Although, poor Annie didn't even get to attend Pajama Day due to being a gross ever-flowing faucet of snot.

Yesterday morning Annie woke up around 7:30, found me in my room folding clothes, and curled up on my lap and conked out again until 9:30AM (I had laid her back down at some point). This is so far from normal sleeping behavior from my child that I wasn't too surprised when I felt her forehead that morning and found her burning up. But, of course, once she got up and going, she was fine and I was the bad guy all day for not letting her go to a friend's house. Fortunately though, her and Ellie both seemed relatively fine all day, except for some gross gunky noses. Then this morning when Annie woke up, she was still oozing green snot, and I informed her she was too sick to attend her preschool's Pajama Day. She seemed cool with that, changing into her 'favorite' pair anyway, and telling me we would "just have preschool at home today." Ellie, on the other hand, seemed to have taken a bit of a turn for the worst, as her nose was running more profusely than the day before, she seemed more tired, and her eyes were watering and red. After breakfast (where she'd slimed her pajamas with snot and applesauce) I ended up just changing her into another pair of pajamas. Which she later threw up in and was changed yet again. Into a third pair of pajamas. I had a meeting tonight, and my wonderful husband got the girls down for bed solo tonight; but after I got home, as I stared at the pizza covered pajamas both girls had been wearing when I left that were tossed on top of a pile of dirty clothes, I was hit with the thought, "So this is why I do so much laundry . . . "
(And that was before I even remembered the sheets, blankets, doll and pillow that had to be washed on 'Sanitize' mode after Ellie threw up on them during her nap.)

(Oh, and Kirstin, props to you for remembering the zoo's old 'wax figure generating machines'! I had totally forgotten about those! It's now bringing a flood of zoo memories to me . . . specifically that whole 'things that have been pulled out of the hippo's water' display that had one of those wax camels in it!)

5 comments:

Jessi said...

I pretty much would love everyday to be pajama day. I am super excited that tomorrow is wear your sweats day to school in correlation with Red Ribbon week.

I am sorry the girls are sick. Dalan is sick, and he acts like a child when he is sick, so I can kind of relate. HAHAHA!

Jackie H said...

Oh the hippo display! Before Claire was born I worked at a law firm. My boss was organization-challenged. We started a "hippo display" of things we found in files that didn't belong. Mostly empty gum packages and candy wrappers.

I always felt bad for the hippo in that stinky cement hole. I hear he's happy now...and a father.

WonderKitty said...

I was just talking about those wax things with a friend. She was convinced she had made them up cause no one else remembered them being there. I remember!! And I loved that display.

I am so sorry your kids are sick. That has to be the worst. Do you think they got it from Talina, or vice versa?

Kerry said...

Oh my goodness! I feel your pain with sick kids. Both my boys are the SAME, runny boogery eyes, GREEN snot and just look like crap. Not to mention we also shared in some barfing. What the heck is going around??

Kirstin said...

Ah, the hippo display...see you returned the memory lane favor! I'd totally forgotten about that!