Sunday, October 25, 2009

Double (Double) Trouble

I already mentioned that we took Ellie in for a doctor's appointment, found out she has double ear infections and an eye infection, and they started her on the white evil medicine of death (Augmentin.)

Wellllll . . . . guess who got to make a late night trip to KidsCare with Annie who'd started pulling on her own ear and complaining yesterday? Yep, now we know that she also has a double ear infections. And is on Augmentin. Which means I have two grumpy, poor sick kids and two bottles of one of the world's most evil substances in my fridge. Two green snotty noses, four sore ears. Two understandably whiny kids, two overly tired parents. My house is a very fun place to be right now, trust me.

At least Ellie's eye infection is mostly cleared up, and I'm not wiping away green chunks of ooziness off her face every half hour. See, I'm a glass half full kinda person . . . .

I lead a very glamorous life.

4 comments:

Jessi said...

Poor girls, poor parents! That sounds pretty miserable. I am sending good health vibes toward your house right now!

Liz Johnson said...

Yeah... motherhood is so Fabulous. I don't know why this stuff isn't featured on all those "Real Housewives" shows.

I'm so sorry. May the mucus and fluid-filled ears dry up in your household PRONTO!

Amanda and Ryan said...

You sound like great, patient parents. And if I ever get sick, you sound like just the person to call. Aren't you lucky?!?

Chrystal said...

Oh the glamour of being a mommy, which I'm just now beginning to experience first hand. Coop has his first cold, and I had the fun experience of sucking green snot out of his nose. The fun is just beginning for me. Maybe I'll have to contact you for advice in the future, since you must be a pro--double ear infections, augmentin, eye infections--if you can survive 2 kids with that you must be super mom!