Annie and her best friend, Sarajayne, love to dress up like princesses, then point at their little sisters (who are both in the year and a half old range) screaming, "Ahhh! It's a bad guy!" Then run into some secret fort or protective castle. The younger sisters tend to look at them a little confused, and then go back to what they were doing. I'm a tad worried about the psychological effect on poor Ellie, always being labeled a 'bad guy' and being run from, but so far it doesn't seem to bug her.
Tonight though, Annie and I got into a conversation about 'bad guys.' I asked her, "What is a bad guy, Annie?"
She looked at me like I was stupid, and was all, "Someone who is not good."
"Well, yeah . . . but, like what do bad guys do?"
"Oh, you know . . . take toys and stuff from little girls. Or little boys."
"That makes sense."
"Oh, and they don't wear clothes."
"Um . . . "
"Yeah, they don't wear clothes. Oh, unless it's a ghost bad guy. Then they wear white skirts. Or capes that cover their eyes."
4 comments:
I call guys who don't wear clothes and scare little boys and girls bad guys too. Good call Annie!
Yep... Bad Guys don't wear clothes... never were truer words spoken.
I'm gonna have to watch out for Nik now....
At first when she said that bad guys take away little girls toys, I could totally see why she thought Ellie was a bad guy. But does Ellie often run around naked, snatching Annie's toys away?
Post a Comment