Saturday, October 10, 2009

Attack of the Killer Bee

I've been trying to explain 'dreams' to Annie for the last week or so. She typically looks at me, a mix of mild confusion and incredulousness, and then changes the subject.
Last night she joined Greg and I in bed around 4:30 in the morning, mildly freaked out. When she woke up, perfectly bubbly and happy, she started to recount a story, "So, Daddy came into my room, and there was a bee!" Apparently, this bee had a grudge (only against Greg though) and was after her poor Daddy. We tried explaining this was all a dream, and there was no bee in her room, and Daddy was safe. She seemed uncertain though. As Greg left the room to go downstairs to make Saturday morning waffles (see why I love him so much?!), Annie called after him, "Daddy! If any bees come to get you, come back and get me!" She's got his back.

Even after further explanation, she doesn't quite buy this whole 'dream' explanation though.


Completely unrelated, but does anyone else wanna slap Joe DuBois on Medium from time to time? I don't watch the show often, but it seems like he constantly finds his wife's latest vision absolutely unbelievable and starts coming up with a dozen reasons this vision could be wrong. Um, she's like always right. After how many years do you just break down and buy it already?!
OK, rant over.

2 comments:

That Girl said...

You are freakin' hilarious.

That is all.

Chrystal said...

I am trying to learn to type with baby in arms...please excuse any typos...The bee thing is so funny. I never thought about trying to explain dreams to a toddler.
And on your second comment--YES! I have boycotted watching Medium this season due to that exact reason. Her husband and her boss constantly question her visions/dreams, and you'd think that after so much time they'd just trust her. But then again, there'd be no show, which is why to me there IS no show now and I'm done with it.